Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I think VESC tool, I downloaded the software from Vedders website

1 Like

because when I connect some cables in series I got an explosive spark as a result in one of my xt90image image image image image image

did you pay for it or do the free download?

Free download

What plugs melted and it appears that you have three plug holes on the outside of the enclosure.

Look thisimage image

wrong answer.

could you make some picutres with a bit more light. it´s hard to follow the wires and understand how you wired everything up.

That wiring diagram is wrong, you’re lucky you didn’t burn down a building. You definitely reduced the battery lifetime a bit.

Try this one image%20(31)

5 Likes

Unless you’re going for 6s, then make sure you keep negative to negative, and positive to positive. image

1 Like

What software am I supposed to use?

thank you friends I already saw the error in my wiring

1 Like

You are using the right software but the pay for the download donates money to Benjamin Vedder so he can further fund the vesc projects that he does. You could also you the ackmaniac tool

Oh, understood :+1:

Hobby king sells serial and parallel connectors for this reason and invest in those for now on until you get the hang of the electrical aspect of builds.

1 Like

new problem, what do you recommend me to do?image

There should be a button on the back of the display that you have to set it to the proper config for your battery

If I already put lipo, I guess it was because of the spark

I believe you also have to set the battery voltage so it can give you a somewhat accurate reading on your capacity

1 Like

Hey guys if I wish to use inserts, what do I need exactly ? Size ? length, screws that will fit with the inserts ? I’ve heard that m6x10mm was fine but then I heard they’re huge and m5 are better. Now I’m just lost :stuck_out_tongue: