Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Depending on where you live, you can get batteries made in either Perth or Brisbane. There will be two more guys starting making batteries soon both here in Sydney and in Melbourne. Unfortunately, the fact you ā€œdonā€™t want to do any solderingā€ is a touchy one. The fact you donā€™t want get a 60w soldering iron from bunnings for like $50, some solder and watch some youtube tutorials is a bit sad. if you dont want to be soldering anything youā€™ll have to do some careful planning for the correct cables and connectors and so on HobbyKing is where itā€™s at

Yes, it is true according to Battery University. However, itā€™s like trying to expand the lifespan of the fuel pump of your car from from 15 to 18 years by driving it less miles a week, everything else on this old car will fall appart first, and if for any reason, in 18 years you still drive the same car, then it will be just because your have feelings for it.

I, myself, would rather drive my car all the miles I want at itā€™s full potencial and if the fuel pump goes bad just replace it, and continue enjoying life without any sacrifice.

Enjoy your board and ride it like there is no tomorrow

2 Likes

Just put a burning building. Done lol

2 Likes

opinion about this remote controller and vesc for a 6s build https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Mini-control-remoto-de-un-solo-motor-el-ctrico-longboard-monopat-n-controlador-ESC-sustituto-de/32857633779.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.292.1d733c00ZTdyGX

looks like the esc and controller from a ride riptide board. That isnt a vesc it is just a plain jane esc

2 Likes

in reply to my own question, yes they can if left in a shed for a couple of months :frowning: and yes some type of seal is always better

Can I make a stainless steel motor mount?

Yes but they will be heavy

2 Likes

besides being heavy it might add some stress to the hanger as it is cast aluminum so it may cause a fracture in the hanger.

1 Like

Hello !

Where are the 2 poles in the 5.1mm ports ?

Nothing whrote in my female and I still donā€™t have my charger to test it directly with a multimeter ā€¦

Inner and outer of barrel

Yeah obviously but which one is which ?

Barrel Plug Polarity

You are a freaking genius dude

(thx you too because I didnā€™t knew it was called Ā« Barrel plug Ā»)

1 Like

Generally if you google what it says for the connector like 2.1 mm or whatever it will tell you other names for it.

You can also find it on the back site of your charger. Itā€™s this sign image

2 Likes

Tomato tomate o to be honest. Its about ease of construction. You can set up on the deck a lot easier than on the enclosure. You can get it all solid with velcro and use the high grip stuff not cheap rubbish then foam the enclosure so it all holds in there with no movement at all. Vibration is the enemy with esk8. It destroys everything eventually so take it away. Make sure everything is solid connection wise too. Double up the shrink over bullets and basically remove anything that can potentially fail. It will still fail but minimising the risk is the best way to start, Good luck.

1 Like

Motor decision help? I was using 2 TB 6374 motors, since one has a broken winding, iā€™m using only one ATM, itā€™s just too expensive to buy just one motor shiped to EU, so I am thinking about 2 new ones, would anyone have a word about these? Better? Worse? Should i just buy the single TB instead?

@Andy87 has experience with that manufacturer. Hes a helpful guy.

1 Like

I have 4 of them. They run very good so far, even in winter. There have been some reported problems with there 6384 motors, but the 6374 seem good so far. keep in mind that they have a 10mm shaft (not like the tb motors) the shaft is also shorter. so if that all is no problem for you than yeah go with them. customer service is also very good as far as i can say.

Edit: Just have seen that this the seald versionā€¦ I have the unsealed version. the ones you linked donĀ“t have sensors, so you need to think what you want.

if you want sealed and sensored 6374 motors than you can have a look at unik boards. https://www.unikboards.com/en/boutique/moteur-skateboard-electrique-6374/