Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

The pack is already balanced. It’s been charged with evolve bms all the time.

Plan is to still charge it same way, just to discharge without bms.

Absolutely fine mate. Charge only is good as gold. Thought you were charging that thing raw. Get out there and ride the bitch!!!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Every DIY is different. Even if there are videos it will be not the same if you don’t just copy what is shown there. All the basics you can find in the forum here. Just spent some time reading and researching. I was there in the beginning of the year too. Didn’t have had a glue from anything. But things change fast if you read through the forum. First friend should be the search function in the right top Sencond friend will be us. If you have a specific question just start a new topic and i‘m sure people here will reply fast to it.

3 Likes

What FW are most of you guys running? Is it still the ackmaniac fw that is the best out there or should you go for the vesc tool 3.400?

Using focboxes :slight_smile:

in diy you will not come around some soldering. That’s just not possible. The only way would be to find somebody to make you your build after your wishes. If you want a boosted clone than there is probably no better way than to get a @Eboosted spit enclosure. I think he could also make the battery for you in the shape fitting perfectly inside the enclosure. The controller wiring is not a big deal, but you need to solder some xt90 plugs and etc. Get a focbox unity and a charge only bms. That would save a lot of space. The unity has a build in switch so you don’t need a separat anti spark switch or a bms for discharge( those bms usually bigger). I also call @dareno @mynamesmatt @moone our Australien connection. Maybe they can help you with infos where to get things local so that you don’t need to sell your arm and legs for shipping and import.

1 Like

@marsen here in Perth could do it no worries (battery)

Can check out my progress for a full evo with motors in.

Or @dareno for motors out.

Can 18650s rust? Is it 100% necicary to have them in heatshrink

Looks like I need to launch the “Is DIY Right for you” thread soon.

12 Likes

Definitely :relieved::ok_hand::relieved:

1 Like

Yep I think it has to be launched to many noobs that are not ready for building

2 Likes

Still need to write up a new section “The Dangers of DIY”

Hopefully I will find some time today.

2 Likes

What the main danger in diy? :thinking: That you spend more time than planed, More money than planed and you never get on the point when you can say I have build everything I need? :thinking::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Lol.

It is where I will cover safety concerns such as FIRES and wearing proper safety equipment while riding these custom death machines.

Boosted Boards, these are not. LOL.

5 Likes

Yep, I even considered making a tutorial series on building one because there really weren’t many out there. Even on the ones out there, I felt like they didn’t go deep enough or provide quite enough information. It only occurred to me later that there’s a reason for that. They all vary so much and doing that detailed is hard really. Even then, it shouldn’t be told step by step because this isn’t necessarily a diy that should be taken lightly, especially when it comes to batteries. @Lobbie

1 Like

We have so much build threads here. Sure a video is super comfortable to watch but to read through build threads and the discussions and tips other user gave to that topic gives more information than one guy in one video can give.

1 Like

I agree and thus why I never went farther than considering making a video. Other than the fact this is my first build and I don’t have an established channel or equipment. Lol, it just takes a bit of effort to comb through all the information and get a solid base on what to do. Which is why the idea of a video is favorable to many, like you said. That being said, I rather have too much information and sort through that than not have enough. Which is really neat actually considering how young this sector of skating is.

1 Like

Important note: You should still wear a helmet though

2 Likes

Of course. But still.

1 Like

Yeah if you can’t find the time and effort to read everything there is related to what you wish to build then I don’t think you should be building and you should just buy a raptor 2.1, lacroix, kaly, or longhairedboy.

Lol. Go buy yourself a longhairedboy and see what kind of trouble you can get yourself into. :joy:

The hardware is not foolproof yet for you to just buy the parts and connect them together and be on your jolly way. Even if they were you need to know what can go wrong and learn from other peoples mistakes and make your own too.

So yeah you can follow a youtube build and build that board but what do you do when it fails? You’ll end up here and start reading anyway.