Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Awesome!!!

Thanks. @Smorto @Ackmaniac

I was on my first test run and of all things to fall off it was a lipo battery. It has a slight graze on one corner and I ran it for quite a while yesterday post graze and ran it again a bit today however it now seems to have an very faint smell on the corner that was damaged. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether I should just get rid of it or take the chance (in a safe environment) to charge it and try and run it?

Go buy a cheap ammo can from an army surplus store, pit the lipo in it and charge it. If it charges good with no heat and no smoke slap some duct tape on it an go. Just be ready to pull the charger fast and slam the lid on the so can.

Get an enclosure! :grinning:

1 Like

Ok, that was what I had planned to do and yes enclosure is a must! It was literally in the first 10 meters of my first ever ride just to see how it worked. So irritating. But it won’t happen again. Thanks!!

Don’t sweat it too much, we all do stupid crap when we start out. Good luck.

http://www.batterysupports.com/36v-37v-42v-10s-60a-10x-36v-lithium-ion-lipolymer-battery-bms-p-267.html

Does this bms work with a 10s3p

1 Like

Yes but get it off eBay

2 Likes

Thanks but why eBay?

shipping is usually cheaper when you buy it via ebay :wink:

1 Like

Hey all,

I love my Rocket Dual, but really miss having a drop deck and don’t love how stiff the Rocket is. I think I want to move all the components over to a new deck and enclosure.

Where do you guys get enclosures? I know a lot of you make them but I don’t have the tools for that. Mine would need to be pretty large: 600mm L x 170mm W x 28mm H internal.

And I’d want the deck long enough that the motors could sit behind the enclosure, as opposed to above it. I love the style/shape of the Landyachtz Evo but would love opinions about similar drop decks.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

you don´t need much tools, get a vacuum cleaner and start ghetto vacuum :wink: :

Talk to @psychotiller, he makes the best enclosures available. You could also look at enertionboards.com, the space cell enclosure is around $47 I think, on sale.

1 Like

LHB actually pointed me to him and I ordered one. Thanks!

Who makes the heavy duty adhesive Velcro that I have seen used around here?

3m Dual lock? on ebay

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to reply but can someone put a link to a cheap battery charger for zippy lipo battery’s

Sure, how much cells in series are maximum per pack?

Hi, could anyone help here:

It looks like my friends shorted his battery?

How would he use a multi-meter to check the nominal voltage of each cell, thanks

Just take a multimeter and and check each cell (one multimeter wire to minus other to pluss of each cell).

There is no wrong wire, you can even put minus wire from multimeter to cells pluss, and + to -, it will just show your reading number with minus. In other words do not care too much about polarity of your multimeter it will read anyways!

So check each cell, so one connecting point is on outside of pack other in thr center. Check and see witch cell is damaged.

But maybe just nickel strip is damaged!