Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

traction control is mainly for cornering you will not be able to notice the difference if they are not synced

1 Like

https://gravityhouse.co.uk/collections/decks/products/area-simiankind-deck

Is this deck gonna be total junk that I should avoid?

Edit: No need to answer, ended up getting a Longyachtz 34 for about twice the price of this but I think it will definitely be worth it.

1 Like

Hello! I’ve got a few questions that need to be answered.

I plan on making a battery pack using 10s3p (so 30 cells, the cell been the INR18650-30q), I was told to use a normal 10s 36v 30A BMS but would that work and how would I hook it up? Would the battery pack just need to charge it or to charge and discharge?

I was going to use a single motor ( https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-5065-BR5065-140KV-6-12S-Brushless-Motor-With-Gear-For-Scooter-p-1110304.html?cur_warehouse=CN this one). How well would this work? Would this be fine for my Eboard?

Thank you for your help!

You will need another one and the 200kv will work better with the 10s

So 2 bms and the 200kv motor instead? Thanks for the help man

20 AMP in that vesc. Put 20 amps on each vesc and your battery max is 40 amps

No it would be one bms. You would need 2 vesc and 2 motors

So 2 200kv motors?

yep the 5065 200kv is what I have on my deck but with the dual motors you will need a dual vesc or 2 single vesc

Hi I was wondering if there are any Dual Motor mounts that could fit 6880 Maytech motors with 15mm belts for TKP’s trucks?

Would @psychotiller TKP mounts work?

1 Like

His mounts should work, with 90mm axles probably @Skunk

1 Like

Has there been any improvement to VESCs that means they are more reliable in FOC mode at 12s now? I still have no idea whether it’s safe or not and what factors it depends on.

Also, what is the benefit to using a BMS for discharge? I think it balances cells as they discharge but is there anything else?

I wasn’t planning to get two motors tho, would one work fine?

Yes there was. Get a focbox and you good to go for 12s FOC. Bms for discharge advanced, Safe you from over charge your battery (if that’s good or not is an other story) You can use the built in e-switch (if there is one) So no antispark switch needed It protects your battery from over discharge and over current (like a fuse would do too)

1 Like

Depending on how heavy you are and if you will be going up hills.

If it was master-slave, what does it do on cornering?

• keep them the same speed by
  • Keep them the optimal different speeds

If it was master-master, what does it do?

Thanks

It has a slightly different speed

I think I broke my BMS while soldering connections to my 12s battery pack but I don’t know how to test this and figure out if I need to buy a new one.

While soldering, my iron melted the lead going to the 8th series, and shorted with the 12s positive output. This caused a loud pop, a bright arc and a black discoloration around the wire. I desoldered the melted wire and put heat shrink tubing around the expose part, but when trying to test charge it, the batteries voltage isn’t going up. I have proper voltages being applied to the BMS from the charger, but I don’t know how to further test this. I’m almost finished with my first build and would really not want to resort to having to order a new BMS from China and wait 2 weeks :expressionless:

dumb question: does long wires affect connection? i was planning on making my own longboard and routing the wires inside the longboard so the bottom would look clean

I would say use a large gauge wire when doing long wires to connect your motors to vesc. How long you talking

1 Like