Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

Yes enough characters

Lol looks a little over kill

You might wanna do a search here for BMS … couple of threads and group buys…might wanna just compare it with what you are looking at

I read somewhere on here that 80amps was the sweet spot

Yeah…Bms is rated for use up to 84v I think hey extra room I guess

Is regen critical in a dual 270kv motor longboard setup. I plan on cruising around 20mph on really flat pavement. The esc I am getting does not do regen. Is regen breaking that important?

I have ridden llonboards before but never an electric powered one. I might upgrade to pnuematic wheels and hand brake for more of a mountain board build

What is the relationship between motor size and Kv rating? Like would a 140Kv motor that is 6355 have less torque than a 140Kv motor that is 6374?

The short answer is Yes, the long answer is that the 6374 is more efficient so uses the available Volts & Amps with less waste and less heat giving you a better running motor and therefore more torque, and product life, in the long run.

regen braking = braking in an electrical system. So if your ESC doesn´t have brakes, you have to footbrake. With 20mph not a good idea. So better get a proper ESC :wink:

So my Evolve uses 140Kv motors. If I replace them with 200Kv motors (Ollin) of the same size and model, would I lose a significant amount of torque?

You would loose torque, I don’t know if a significant amount. Ive never ridden an evolve or used 140kv motors.

1 Like

Sorry, last question. Right now the setup is 140Kv with a 15:32 Ratio. If I changed it to a 15:36 ratio, would I make up the lost torque? I am worried about voltage sag, but I assume that doesn’t become an issue until I reach the lower half of the battery.

I honestly dont know. Sorry mate. You probably want to tale to other evolve owners who have previously modded their boards.

2 Likes

hi, can anyone tell me which order to plug the bullet connectors. And yes we had a small fire on my bed… Must get the loop key figured out

Hahah don’t solder on the bed…and plug them in any order for now

1 Like

It was a legit fire in my bed lol. And thanks

2 Likes

Oh shit.

Must of thought a wormhole was opening up for a second…must of been a nice flash

1 Like

If you don’t have a table to work on…the best place is the floor…just careful when you step and just use a box to keep stuff in … not everyone has a esk8 cave

2 Likes

I think this is a good time and place to point out that a piece of ceramic tile is a great fireproof work surface and 12x24 inch tiles are popular and cheap now.

5 Likes

I think the biggest culprit for the fire was not getting the loop key properly on there first. My friend was messing around with stuff until he got both vescs to light up, and we had already figured out how to get the Watt meter to show, but when he tried sticking them between everything else, the fire happened. His fingers got burned and turned black… But any ways, I believe the loop key will be my most important task.