Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

They do make a fire bag for lipo batteries

2 Likes

I don’t suppose you would know where to find one approximately ~18 inches by ~10 inches by ~48 inches (to accommodate a fully assembled Trampaboard)?

Amazon seems to have some that are a “bit” too small. (about 7.25 x 3 x 2.5 inches or about 8 x 6 x 5.5)

Thanks!

1 Like

Do you think I should just go with the cheap flipsky? And is it good to have a V4 and 4.12, rather than V6 or the 4.2? It also states that it has 3.34 firmware, I have read that 3.40 is likely the best. Just want to make sure this will work with my 10s5p

Go with a vesc 6 if you are going flipsky

I don’t know if I am looking at the wrong thing but the flipsky vesc 6.6 is like $400…yikes

If you decide on the 6.6.
1 Like

Thanks, i’ll definitely keep that in mind when I decide

1 Like

Go with the above definitely better than the cheap 4.12 vesc it will be better in the long run. It may be more up front but you will end up paying more if you buy cheap

Don’t get those pulleys, they are 3M. You want HTD-5M and if it doesn’t say that, then it’s probably not good

Those teeth are too small and it’s also not compatible with anything else in the market so if your belt skips, you have to replace everything instead of one thing. Also the small teeth skip easier.

That’s a good mount and remote

That motor isn’t sensored which means you will have to kick-push once before you hit the throttle. But folks say they’re good motors. I never had one because they aren’t sensored.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll definitely look for a better pulley system, do you have a gear ratio that works best for you? And I was full flung on the sensored motors but I guess it isn’t necessary for my budget board.

Gear ratio depends on what top-speed you want (aim for 47km/h / 29mph is my recommendation), what wheel size you want, how powerful your motors are, your motor kv, your battery voltage, and your battery chemistry.

Try the 3D Servisas calculator

If you get aggressive with your top speed, you won’t have much power or strong brakes.

1 Like

Flipsky are good but Torque Board are a little more reliable. Kind of a “in between the two” thing.

1 Like

I mean the flipsky is significantly cheaper than anything I have found and I haven’t seen too many complaints

Flipsky are good. With the exception of the 4.20. TB are better than flipsky as in they are more reliable at higher amps. Yes tb are more no e.g. but you get what you pay for.

I was thinking of programming it for only 40A

1 Like

Does this wiring make sense? The battery has the BMS and charge port set up already, just when it comes to the loopkey and vesc does it look fine?

2019-01-08%20(4)

3 Likes

To me that looks about right I think you will end up wanting 2 motors.

1 Like

Should my multimeter be indicating continuity between all three motor phase wires… because it seems to be saying they are. Does this mean the wires are shorted?

I wouldn’t think so as they are should be three separate solder joints for the motor phase wires. What motor do you have. What is your reason for check the phase wires did it fail the motor detection?

Yes they all connected inbetween and if you measure the resistance it should be the same in all 3 combinations.

1 Like