Noob question thread! 😀 ask your questions here!

I don’t have both but I got the black ones for Xmas and they look legit to me. Has all the same package claims as the colorful ones minus the sweet colors. Make sure you get metric/imperial based on what you want.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

I second the dremel it really comes in handy cutting out parts of the enclosure.

1 Like

I’ve been looking around and I’m not sure (perhaps because I dont know the right question to ask) how ERPM relates to voltage, wattage, motor kv, anything (cant even find what ERPM means). The ESCs are the one thing I really cant figure out. Even when I read the other forum posts, half the time I am completely lost. Please help lol

Would it be possible (or advisable) to run two li-ion batteries with the same amount of S and P groups in a parallel configuration as in the image? The though is, that when you know you’re going to go an a long ride, to plug in the second battery and secure it on top of the deck (like most mountain boards do). I do have enough knowledge to know that plugging them together when there is an imbalance of charges will cause bad things to happen.

Battery

1 Like

Here’s a good post that covers ERPM better than I could.

1 Like

ERPM is electronic Revolutions per minute. It deals with your motors spinning. Basically if you have a 10s you will want around a 190 kv as a 270 kv erpm will be to high for the vesc to handle with the 10s for the battery. There is a thread about selecting the right motor kv.

2 Likes

Why not just add the battery in and have the full battery so you get a longer range.

I think I have settled on a pair of 6374 190kv, but to achieve the speed I want i am going with a 13s6p rather than a 10s

I would drop the kv down to 170 or 140kv for 13s

Not enough room in the enclosure. It is just something I came up with and don’t have any plans on implementing it.

You could also go with a different gearing to achieve the speed you want.

As long as you know that, that will work — but it’s rather unsafe to deal with that each time. At some point you will zone-out and mess up. We’re human and we make mistakes

2 Likes

Im shooting for 40-45 mph. My plan was to gear 2:1 with 2 190Kv motors and a Focbox unity

Ok but I would definitely start slow if this is your first eboard.

Thanks for the reply. It is because of that I don’t have any plans on building anything using it. I just had a wild thought and couldn’t get it out of my head unless I knew it could be done.

1 Like

It’s my third, I own two production boards. I decided to look into DIY because I couldn’t find a production board with the specs I want.

1 Like

I still wouldn’t go the high of kv with that battery may blow the unity you may want to confirm with enertion about the erpm limit

1 Like

ok, will do.

What speed does your other eboards do?? 40 could be a huge step up. A 10 mph difference is a lot more then you think.