Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Krylon. I feel like pulling my damn hair out. For some reason now everytime I spray paint it, it looks all gritty like someone threw a tiny amount of sand on the surface just before I painted. Even though I cleaned the hell out of it after sanding and used pressurized air to get any paper towel residue off.

1 Like

Get a tack clothes at Home Depot/ Loweā€™s it gets all the fine dust off. Maybe try rustoleum 2x paint it is like a paint and primer in one Iā€™m not a big fan of krylon paints.

Hey there,

Are there any good complete electric mountainboards out there that is reasonably reliable and not the slow. (Below $2000)

https://www.trampaboards.com/electric-mountainboards-c-796.html

Prices without batteries.

Hello guys here I am again:

I want to make a new board with a modular battery design just like the landwheel so I can borrow an extra battery with me and change them when one is running low.

I am thinking of replicating the landwheel quite a bit because it is a simple design, the only thing I am not sure of is the connectorā€¦ To connect the battery to the electronics I need a connector that can plug in and out fairly easy (like a xt90) AND most importantly be waterproof, better said splash proof.

So do you have any sugestions on a connector that is easy to connect and disconnect and is waterproof? is an xt90 a good candidate?

Hi @Bor.inc maybe I did it. prototype 15389186870390 15389187729702

1 Like

Nice build! it is not realy what im searching for because I want to make it all myself but thanks :slight_smile:

I think that XT connector is not bad choice, If it is not pulled out by vibration on running. Iā€™m looking forward to your build!

1 Like

Just joined so pretty sure I count. So hereā€™s my questions Iā€™m looking to convert my cruiser, my current issue is I have 56mm wheels and finding a motor to fit is proving difficult. Any suggestions?

My deck is 7.4" and Iā€™m running Indy 11 109 trucks I donā€™t really want to change any of that, the wheels may be small but soft 78A and the build works really well for me.

Main purpose for the conversion is to handle going up hills getting to work save getting of and walking, I want to be able to skate normally on flats and downhill.

Any help would be great can give more info on my current setup and pictures if you want just ask.

I donā€™t think itā€™s possible to find parts for that unless you go DIY and make it yourself.

You could either buy some bigger wheels, trucks etc. and only keep the deck or start from the bottom and keep your cruiser the way it is.

1 Like

Yeh, kinda figured. Not sure where I would start with DIY on the motor. Currently options are going to have to buy an electric and keep cruiser as is but not sure I wouldnā€™t get to lazy to never use my cruiser.

Any tips on where to start looking into the DIY option?

The forum :smiley: Go up in the category box on the main screen and select one of them. You can also just scroll down and see all the cool things people make.

1 Like

Awesome cheers for the help.

1 Like

Is there a amount of clearance that I should have between my motor mount and deck. Also could paris 195mm trucks big enough to be used with mbs rockstars or do you need to use mountainboard trucks.

Noob stuff ā€¦ oooo thatā€™s me Iā€™ve been on here for about a week just reading and studying different things to know for my first board and I know everyone has their own opinion on what batteries and set ups to use but my plan since Iā€™m 190lbs is a dual 6374 190KV belt drive motor set up with two VESCs the only issue Iā€™m having is I donā€™t know how to make a 12s4p battery and while i have seen several threads on it Iā€™m still not confident enough to attempt on my own so I was wondering what batteries ( please multiple kinds and types) I could buy. Please help I would like to go about 15-20 mph with little to no sluggishness on minor hills

Cant go wrong with a pack made of 30Q and @psychotiller is a master at building batteries

1 Like

Can someone tell me what size these standard charge ports are? I bought some off amazon but accidentally got a size slightly off.

Thereā€™s 2.1mm and 2.5mm dc power plugs. From experience the 2.5mm jack will fit the 2.1mm plug but not vice versa. Actuallyā€¦ that might be the wrong way around.

Two questions.

1. Would this charger be acceptable for 12s BMS charging

2. so as some of you already know, I am merging 4 Lipos into 2 6s packs, to then merge into a 12s2p pack. so to merge two 6s lipos I have decided to put a 1Ohm resistor between each balance lead, in hopes that when each cell is merged, if the cells are slightly out of balance, it wont dump the max output of the battery into balancing the other cell, which would kill the other battery.

99C01923-0E45-4CD4-AA77-BB6837137DAC

Each resistor is rated for 50W, So I hope that this will work, as I know only basic electronics principles

@Kug3lis Whats your thoughts on this trick to protect the batteries. Obviously ill bypass the resistors for bms use, just use these for inter cell balancing.

edit: updated the wiring diagram for what I plan to do image

Ahm why you put resistors on balance leads? You balance out each pack to exact voltage and connect them in parallel and no output will be dumped anywhereā€¦ Everyone is using like that for ages no need to reinvent wheel. Plus resistor inline will make balancers see lower voltage than it is.

EDIT based on ned drawing, you still have path for current to flow from cells to one another, also main current will flow through main leads the moment you connect them together. BMS will not balance each parallel cell as separate cell but as single cell

1 Like