Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

For example here https://www.amazon.de/HSeaMall-Terminals-Stromstecker-Adapter-Staubdicht/dp/B07D4DLJ69/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?__mk_de_DE=ƅMƅZƕƑ&qid=1534283023&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dc+power+jack&dpPl=1&dpID=51557p6ZpsL&ref=plSrch

1 Like

I bought some hexagon grip tape. I remember seeing a picture in a post here where someone was using a Y tool to evenly apply the shapes. Where would I get something like this?

Checkout tile grout spacers.

For example: https://www.tiletools.com/product/y-spacer-18-1000pc-bag/

Thanks a lot

If they say 35v then only charge to that or a little less. Lifepo4 discharge curve is a fairly flat 3.2v. What type of cells are you using and what is their discharge rate.

I understand that following the word of the law, boosted boards are illegal in CA (https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/lets-break-down-the-california-electric-skateboard-law-ab-604/12714)

That said, you see them everywhere so clearly they are not illegal enough for law enforcement to take action.

However, I feel like if they saw a decked out Trampa MTB rolling down the street they might take the word of the law more seriously and ticket you.

I live in SF and am looking for a commuter board. I would like to do some light off roading with the board but I donā€™t want anything that looks so ridiculously overpowered that a cop will ticket me. How much do you think I can get away with?

That is a very hard to answer question because it is more on the police officer writing a ticket. Plenty of times if you are stopped and say ā€œaw man I didnā€™t know I had seen other on them so I figured it was okā€ they will probably let you off with a warning. But if you start talking back they will be more likely to give you a ticket. Generally if you give them the respect they will give it back and you wont have any problems. Also if they ask you to stop then stop dont be like those assholes that run or fight and argue.

6 Likes

Go to diyeboards instead they have a whole thread. Mboards is priced up Chinese parts just go direct

I just ordered a 12s4p battery pack from TorqueBoards. Is the BMS good enough where I can leave it charging with the 2 amp charger unattended?

1 Like

Of course, I would do what the officer asked without hesitation. I just donā€™t want to be approached by an officer in the first place. I have not heard any stories of Boosted, Inboard, or Chinese board riders getting approached by officers because electric skateboards are legal and I have never heard of the 1000w limit being enforced. That said, I think that you would have I higher likelihood of getting approached if you were riding around on a Trampa MTB. I am debating between two different builds, do you think one looks more illegal than the other? https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/4/4/441d5dd08dedd4a0df34f0075302d3a889ee3da7.jpg or https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/f3c552d210752a80ea3e8245fdfc8596/5BF776E8/t51.2885-15/e35/37625064_246053349346316_5899853088247775232_n.jpg

That looks so sexy illegal

2 Likes

lmao! Fuck it Iā€™ll just build what I want and hope for the best

Yeah ā€¦just got into reading the California sk8 laws and it really just wants you to have good lights 360Ā° and keep it around 15mph around people on the sidewalks. Build it illegally and ride it legally within the laws stated. When your away from pedestrians open that bitch up and watch out for cars. Lolā€¦suprised they donā€™t want you to install a horn

1 Like

Thanks. I donā€™t have a 3D printer so Iā€™ll probably go the cheap way and just try to print one on paper.

1 Like

My next question would be what are the pros and cons to spring trucks on a carver board vs longboard trucks on a standard board? Trampa has both options now and both options support urethane and pneumatic wheels. I will primarily be riding on pavement but I would also like to be able to go on grass and dirt paths on occasion.

Spring trucks like trampa will be better on rough terrain

Yesterday I went for a ride on some awesome trails I found in the woods. Pushed the board a bit more then usually. But no where to itā€™s full power capasity. Suddenly one motor braked and I couldā€™nt move the wheel. Noticed the belt was super tight and some small rockes was stucked between the belt and pulleyā€¦ Removed them and the motor could spin again. But not like it used to. There was resistance while turning it.(like when a motor is shorted) Tho the motor was not over heating. I could hold the motor can in my hand without burning my self at allā€¦ Did get home with my board but drove like walking speed on the way backā€¦

Today the motor moved like it should. No issues there. Did however open it up to see if road debris/rocks where stuck in the motor but it was clean. No sign of a short either. Shaft is also straight.

Any explanation what happened? I would say that it got over heated by the tight belt when rocks got between the belt and pulley making the shaft and bearing stressed. But since I could touch the can without burning myself I doubt it. Maybe the bearings got heated insted and temporarly made it hard to turnā€¦?

Itā€™s Maytech 6355s sealed motors with less than 100km on themā€¦

IMG_20180819_162428IMG_20180819_162515IMG_20180819_162434

1 Like

Okay, i made a mistake, i bought 18 amps continuous discharge bms, thought its said 40Aā€¦ Can i wire it in parallel with the vesc/battery that way part of tge load can go through it but loads greater than 18A can bypass? 10s5p li-ion so im not worried at all about the batteries capabilities or drawing to many amps, it can do over 100 continousā€¦ Anyway thank you for the help

You need to use that bms as charge only. Leave the discharge lead empty. There are wiring diagrams for this on the forumā€¦just do a search. It is very common practice and the cheapest way to balance large packs.

2 Likes