No more pneumatic wheel vibes!

Has anyone seen any source for these in the EU?

http://www.dynabeads.co.uk

1 Like

Hey bro i am considering buying these Dyna beads as my wheels are not balanced and making noise.

How many Gramms would you add to a single 8 inch trampa tyre ?

You dont have enough for me to buy from you for 4 , 8 inch wheels ? looks like u might have exrta.

Regards

@DucatiGuy I’d also like to know how much I need to order for 6-8" wheels. Any idea?

Also joining the hype train, would love to know how much I need for 8" wheels.

Hey guys, so the amounts that seem to work best for tires in the 6-8” range, are usually around 2-5 grams per tire. I would start with 2 grams and work your way up in half gram increments till you get the desired results. The trick is to add just enough, and not more than you need.

Also keep in mind, in order for the beads to work, 1 - they must be able to spin freely through your wheel / tube. If your inner tube is kinked in anyway, it’ll inhibit the beads from spinning properly, which may in fact make your balance issues worse, and 2 - to get them to work efficiently, you will need to get up to speed in excess of 8-10mph. The faster you go, the smoother everything will roll.

The beads should flow into your valve without any issue, but on occasion, specially with 90 degree style valves, you may get blockage occurring from time to time. You want to flow the beads in small steady groups. If you notice they’re not going in, you can always take a small piece of wire and pick into the valve to free up the blockage. I’ve also seen people use an old electric toothbrush to vibrate the valve stem, which in return with assist with the flow of stuck beads.

Last but not least, if your vibes are being caused from an out of round tire, the beads will not counter balance such a defect. They may help slightly, but ultimately you’ll need to swap out the tire for a good one to fix the issue. Don’t waste your beads and time trying to fix such a condition.

Hope this info helps! Let me know how you guys make out.

2 Likes

all 4 of my tyres have a huge amount of run out. Are all mountain board tyres 200x50 like this or are mine from a crap batch?

Does anyone here have decent tyres without runout issues?

I think I will try it will some regular bbs and some slime see how it works using the old diy route. Will let y’all know how it works.

cool bike, are you sold on the awd?

It’s really a unique riding experience. The AWD shines off road, and on the road it enables you to get the most power to the ground without the worry of the rear sliding out underneath you. Hard to really put into words, but I find myself cracking that throttle at points within an apex I would never have in a “conventional motorcycle”. I was sold on it years prior when I first saw it at the International Motorcycle Show, and officially became a believer in 2012 when I purchased it new from Christini in Philly. It’a a blast to ride and hands down turns more heads and sparks more conversations than any bike I’ve ever owned.

1 Like

I got some beads and it really made a noticeable difference. While filling them (which was a huge pain getting them through the valve) I was wondering: if we fill the tube with some water - wouldn’t that have the exact same effect as with the beads plus it’s cheaper and easier to fill?

PS: if you don’t have a tool to remove the valve insides: a 4mm bullet connector with two of the 4 sprongs removed works just as well :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve heard about guys using antifreeze, and I assume it should work the same, albeit a little messier if you ever get a flat or blowout. I can’t comment on how effective either or is (in comparison) in terms of the actual physicals, but in theory they both do the same thing.

I tried a few grams in mine today, no difference. However, i think its because my tyres are total crap. I found them very easy to fill, just screw on the plastic pipe that came with the beads. I tried 1 gram then 2 then 3. Ive now ordered new tyres.

If your tires are out of round, abnormally worn out, or if you have wheel / bearing issues (which may be the underlying cause of your vibes) the beads won’t work well.

Get the new tires, spin them up and see how well everything looks and feels. If all is well, proceed the same way, adding a gram at a time. I’ve found 2-3 grams is usually adequate.

Yep, tested it at 20mph today, it does seemed to have helped, even with the two warped still on the front. I put 3 grams in each. Expensive but im happy. over 100 grams left over too.

Expensive??? What did you use, 3 grams of gold? lol

I tried these on my sixshooter wheels, didn’t seem to do anything and actually made the vibrations a bit worse… I tried 2.5 grams, and then 4.5 grams.

If they got worse, you may have added more than you needed too. Start fresh and add less to start with.

sory man quick question. i got the beads and a tool to remove the valve. but i jsut got a coupld questions. did you put these in the tubes or use tubeless tyres? i got mbs wheels and tubes i was just about to deflate them and put some in the tubes. the next question i had was how much did you put in?

Hey, dudes. If you can use pneumatic tyres, try to go tubeless by drilling out the Schrader valve hole with a half-inch drill bit) to accommodate a stubby automotive type tubeless bung, that way you can use daisy type bbs (used for bb guns , not the cheap ones as they have a flat spot on one side). Years ago, at a boat show, there was an automatic tire balancer device I saw there that was a clear plastic donut track about 12 inches in diameter and made for one half inch ball bearings (it was about half full of bearings). It was placed on the hub studs before adding the wheel to them. The lady said that the physics of the free-spinning bearings would cause them to pool to the opposite side of the imbalance. That device would work on any tire/wheel combo possible. How’s about getting someone to 3-d print one for exprimental purposes? This boat show was over 40 years ago, so the pattent (legally lasts 14 years) has expired years ago. They should sell like hot cakes. Also to make tubed to tubebless wheels, simply use gasket-maker with pencil lead on one half of the rim face as a release agent (for easy disassembly).
On my my gas-powered scooter, that I used for many months as a commuter vehicle, I made the accidental brilliant discovery of using a grey (latex) non-marrying 10" dolly tires (used in hospitals and warehouses where normal black tires, that would leave unsightly skid marks, would not be allowed). They last at least 10, if not 20, times longer than normal tires. And they have superior traction and puncture resistance also! These tires are near impenetrable! What say you, guys? February 16th, 2020.