No Longer Just Gauging Interest: Maytech 100A ESC Group Buy

I’m writing a review now on them. image

2 Likes

Some serious changes have been made. Just from the outside you can see mount holes, a real heatsink and the placement of of all jst connectors on the side of the unit. There is a anti spark switch added to this compact package and longer leads. I have had a chance to bench test set up. My poliminary report is the unit connects quick. Firmware update fast and easy. Detection wizard on the vesc tool no problems. This is the sweet spot. Most of us are use to adjusting volts or duty to gain proper detection in bldc and foc. NOT THIS UNIT I ran motor set up wizard in bldc and then when complete doubled back and did a foc hall detection. Both where fast and less agitation of the motor during the process. Set up remote and hums like a dream. In the coming weekend I will have it on a build for ground testing. I also have one going to a tester in the upper Usa to get a regional look at the preformance and dependability of the unit.

6 Likes

imageimageimage

7 Likes

Any updates ? :hugs:

1 Like

How does it fare under load? Can you open the heatsink and take some pictures?

1 Like

Like a champ. It’s new split pcb stacked design keeps it nice and tight package with excellent heat dispersion with the fins.

Tested on a 6374 motor sealed 170kv ,10s4p pack, street setup in Texas heat. The motor temp was slightly higher than non sealed. To be expected. And the esc temperature remained steady increased on hot pavements and climbing hills but quickly leveled out. Esc is not in battery enclosure. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

10 Likes

Thanks for the pictures :pray:t4: Do you think we could run them in foc mode :thinking:

Can you take a pic from the side so we can see the split PCB’s please? :smile:

https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/1/8/186e4dbe4d89806a0217e23f6322fb96832c1ee2_1_375x500.jpeg

1 Like

That’s so cool I didn’t know they were making PCB’s this way. Actually I think I recall reading about the new Torque Boards HW6 ESC they’re making and its gonna be a split PCB also. Should be freaking sweet to see how small these can be made!

They look good. I personally like maytech gear, it always seems to work, so far anyway. Are they available yet or are these the beta test units?

They are available and I have some coming in by the first of next week. I also have some duel units to test from maytech. These will be the 50a and after their new remotes drop they will double back and do a 100a duel.

1 Like

What is the price point on these and the 50a duals out of interest?

Ooo new remotes, nice. Their old ones were a little iffy on signal interfance when riding in major cities.

This is the test unit from maytech, some stuff will change. But the are shooting for 200$ on the 50a and about 250$ One the 100a in a few months.image

3 Likes

I have some 3D renderings of the remote. I will post.

And flip has a duel coming out this month.

I just read an email from the rep It will be a duel 6.6 unit 100a and I can get test units on the 8th

2 Likes

Honestly out of the 6 new units I tested the maytech 100a set up was dreamy. For real, I didn’t have to alter anything no amps or duty to detect in bldc and then after completing that doubled back and detection in foc. Real smooth, only updated the firmware. The flips you have to install bootloader and update the vesc tool. But that was on the first units. They have installed bootloader at factory now. I have a unit being tested on a build and should have a report soon.

3 Likes

Only asking as they are not on the website as yet unless I’m having a boy look.