Newbie here Need some help with electronics

Hi all. I´m new in this electronic skateboard world. I´m from South America and im going to US in a few weeks and im planning to buy some parts there and other parts here. But the most difficult things to find here are the motor, the ESC and the batteries (almost everything jejej). So after reading for weeks and trying to understand about Kvs, Amps, W, etc etc, I still not sure if the parts that im looking for are OK. BTW my weigh is 60ks (132lbs). So, cut to the cheese. Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-190kv Brushless Outrunner Motor, 18T, Voltage, 10S, 190Kv, 65A. 2450W. 697gs. Batteries: 2xZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C ESC: HobbyKing Red Brick 125A ESC I know that VESC are better, but im low in budget. Do you think guys that im ok with this? or may be a motor like the SK3 5055-320 which is cheaper too!

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone use that ESC before so I wouldn’t recommend it. If you’re on a budge you should get this one instead https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbykingr-tm-x-car-beast-series-esc-1-8-scale-120a.html.

Also, what top speed and range are you going for?

1 Like

Thanks for the recomendation, im ok with that price! great! Looking for 30/35Kms/h Max for about 15Kms. (18/21m/h max and 9miles range)

Alright, I’m assuming you’re going to buy a mount and pulley kit from enertion or torqueboards, thus your gear ratio will probably be 15/36 or 16/36. To reach your top speed you will need a higher kV motor. Something like 270kV would be good. Your wheel size will also effect your top speed. You can test some setups here: http://calc.esk8.it/

Your range with those batteries will likely be around 10km, maybe a little more. If you can find Lipos with higher mAh that would help.

Keep in mind, with a single motor on 6S you will not have a lot of torque. Luckily you are pretty light, so that will help but you will likely have some trouble getting up hills.

1 Like

Thank!! Ok so what about this Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6354-260kv? its in budget! Its my first one and trying to learn so i think with a single motor for now im ok! :slight_smile: So for the batteries i saw some Turnigy 5800mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack, but they are only 800mah more than the Zippy for 17buks more, i don know if they worth the 17 more. Thanks for the calc man, saw other calcs but this one is great!

No problem :slight_smile:

That motor should be fine, and yeah 800mAh isn’t much so you might as well stick to the 5000’s. You can always add another couple batteries in the future if you wanted to up your range.

1 Like

Thanks for all men!! :raised_hands: