Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

I agree, but after reading all the story here there and everywhere, I’ll wait to see what @Hummie and @Winfly come up with. Whatever their battery plans work out to be, it’ll need to have an enclosure on top of (underneath) it!

2 Likes

If anyone has a single cutout board they’d like to sell please let me know. I’m in the Bay Area as well.

1 Like

Enclosure for it, as soon as I print and verify that’s everything right I will upload to thingverse

5 Likes

Wide enough dor both single and double cut out decks? @Pedrodemio

Maybe, the narrowest part is 156.5mm that is the reinforcement for the screws, but I can easily make it wider for you, my printer is limited to 190mm wide, the enclosure have 187.5mm

2 Likes

I don’t need one but a few members have mentioned needing enclosures for the dual.

1 Like

Oh, right

If anyone likes this and want for the dual cut out just let me know

5 Likes

Interesting how they mesh I wonder if it will have to grind itself into meshing or what if you bounce on the deck n jump in the air. But i hate on everyone’s enclosure. I like how it’s separate parts. I’m making one really similar in that way.

I’d want it more with the teeth not tightly meshing, loose, and maybe even more overlap cause it looks awesome and then if you wanted could add a rubber at the joints. I mean in my fantasy

1 Like

like this? more pics here. I 3D printed a previous iteration, where seam was just horizontal strap, and it honestly looked very bland, but functionally the concept worked out pretty well. Can’t wait to print this updated version and assemble it on the deck.

BTW, if you are printing something like this, print each module standing up, gives it strength in the right direction. It’s about 125 gram per module so with a $20 filament roll(1KG), it will cost you $15 to print the whole enclosure.

mk2_segmented_curved_deck_render2 mk2_segmented_curved_deck_render4

7 Likes

By standing up you mean flat on the print bed? Also I would recommend doing an interlocking pattern or the pieces have a greater chance to split when the deck flex

1 Like

Hmm, interlocking would be nice for flex but would not be good for ingress protection. I am using PETG to print which is kinda flexible so hope it can manage the flex in the board. For super flex board I would further subdivide the segments so that I can slip in smaller segments in between that is printed in TPU(flexible filament). What doyou think?

I meant the axis along the lengtt of the board is the z axis of printer. That way it will have a lot of flex along the width of the board and even if delamination happens and you have some loose parts in the enclosure, the can’t fall through the enclosure. Don’t know if that explanation made sense or not.

2 Likes

So you won’t glue the segments? If yes than the orientation you are printing is ok since you won’t load your part in the z axis

1 Like

My take at enlarging the compartment

3 Likes

Enclosure for it

7 Likes

Nice one! How well does it follow the concave?

For all practical purposes, perfectly

IMG_6413

6 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

It looks like u have a softer rubber between the plates. What are the tabs at the corners for?

Is there a group buy going on right now?

Between them is ABS slurry (ABS + acetone or MEK) to glue, the joint stronger than the part

And the tabs was just my failed attempt to make it stick better to the print bed, already cut them off

1 Like