Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

I had fitted my 10s5p in just barely. I am waiting on the FOCBOX Unity now and I will be saving a lot more space soon. The flipsky dual 4.20 has some minor bugs but this deck has been amazing with 75a Flywheels, the carbon fiber making it look :ok_hand: image image image

5 Likes

Wonder how ur motors will do.

My 6354 motors are doing just fine, they take amps like a champ on FOC. Itā€™s only this flipsky vesc causing some small problems, it canā€™t take inflow current readings so it can cause overcurrent faults for no reason. Honestly the torque and all is exactly where I like it, but one of these days the faults is gonna get to me, until then I will wait for my Unity.

1 Like

IMG_20181014_180631

I left our names on the shipping label, but ā€œredactedā€ our addresses. Damn @hummie, what a ride. More impressions in the motor thread.

6 Likes

Ahhhh thatā€™s awesome! I sent him one deck in a box and one just over the counter no box to see how shipping with no box would do and it did damn well. And thereā€™s the labels! I like that look.

Iā€™d like to get one of these if you have any left. (nm, bought Uigirouxā€™s)

Itā€™s here

Thanks Hummie, ended costing way more than I would like but thatā€™s due to customs here and crazy shipping prices

The only suggestion I have is for the electronics compartment be flat, they CNC it, it makes no sense to it to follow the concave of the board when everything we will mount to it is flat

I always assumed it would be flat from the pictures, will put my router to work to level it out to make the thinnest enclosure possible

IMG_6254

4 Likes

Have a care with how much you take off. Thereā€™s more flex than I thought there would be.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, I tested it being supported by my shoes and definitely there is flex, I like it since the goal for this build is being able to ride on really crap roads, also my battery is flexible, so no worryā€™s there

Unfortunately there is no way for me to leave as is, I canā€™t afford to make a new battery pack right now, so it has to fit my old 10S3P that is using wires to reinforce the nickel strips

1 Like

i took off maybe 3mm from 1 side to make room for my 12s4p pack to lay flat and didnt noticeably impact my flex on the deck.

20181016_184904

20181016_184248

6 Likes

Hey I have a spare deck with the two cutouts in trying to sell. Iā€™d anyone is interested shoot me a DM :slight_smile:

Seems you sold It in a blink :wink:

Haha, yeah, like less than 2 minutes I think haha.

1 Like

Guinness nomination worth.

1 Like

Who gets the award, him for posting or me for responding? :smiley:

2 Likes

Question: Is psychotillerā€™s enclosure a fit for the two-slit deck also?

I can check in a bit if nobody knows. I have both

1 Like

For the original split enclosure, Itā€™s about 140mm between the screw recesses. My screw holes are 180mm wide (center to center).

Without having the board in hand, Iā€™m calculating 74+74+20=168mm width. That leaves 12mm for 2 inserts. Not sounding promising.

I am pretty sure I saw a pic of psychotillers enclosure over this deck like yesterday. Looked like a good fit, though I would personally go with @bigben enclosures. Those are freaking so nice and low profile looking.

1 Like