Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Here’s how to build a nice enclosure using Ikea table. Video by prusa.

1 Like

Are these decks still available? Especially the wood deck

@Hummie still has some dual cutouts I believe.

yea I have a bunch of the two hole above. 120$ each.

I picked up a single hole from @uigiroux… fantastic deck, looking forward to finally starting my build :smiley:

1 Like

Glad to hear you got it! Was there any damage from shipping? I wrapped it pretty tight I thought, just want to make sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally decided to hand route this deck with a dremel. One side went smoothly. Then I make the others side too wide (2mm) because the metal track I had c-clamped on moved without me noticing.

2 Likes

Oh no… Worried about flex now?

How much wider were you going to route it?

I don’t think I took off enough to do that? I might ask @sender if he can add a layer of CF in there for me.

3 Likes

Damn what are you putting in there?

That’s what she said

3 Likes

Its a pretty thick deck. You’ll probably be fine. Might try mounting trucks on there and give it a light bounce

Actually not sure. But orientation of cells would be length wise so needed a bit more width. I need more since this deck will likely be with pneumatics

3 Likes

What size battery?

Just 18650s. Pack would be built in this form (this is a 10s3p). So 4p would be 8 cells across and 5p would be 10 cells.

1 Like

How much did you route? I’m hopping that my battery fits, but will take of at least 15mm length wise

Anytime, just LMK!

2 Likes

Looks like it might be fine as far as having space for inserts. Probably need to epoxy them in just in case. As you can see the right side is all smooth, the left side looks like I chewed it :man_facepalming: I didn’t want to smooth it down because it would take more off

3 Likes

Did you run the Dremel the same way in both sides? If you run it contrary to the rotation you getters better control, push it against the direction the tool wanna go