Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

I think @hummie meant the last 5 decks were sent out and 2 of them included ones going to South America and Canada?

1 Like

Hope that’s it, can’t wait to get my hand on it

1 Like

Same here. Waiting on Hummie to get the tracking number too! did you message him for it as well?

No, will wait to see if there is a deck coming or only tomorrow, with the speed the post work around here a few days doesn’t make a diference unfortunately, personal record is 7 months for a battery to be delivered

omg was it a big pack for them to want to hold it for so long? :hushed:

No, just a 3S Lipo form Hobbyking, and that was before all the shipping regulations and etc

Fortunately they have been faster recently, ordered all parts for the @solidgeek remote a little more than a month ago from Aliexpress and almost all of them are already here

Plus they implemented a online system to pay for taxes when needed, so way faster to receive

That being said, a few weeks ago they imposed a new 15 BRL (aprox 3.6 USD) tariff on everything, so cheap things with free shipping you end up paying more on taxes than the product, sometimes double, not worth anymore

@Hummie I decided to buy one of those “60v” adjustable 8a power supplies

57v max @ 6.7a

5 Likes

Board arrived yesterday. Thanks @Hummie, for setting this up.

1 Like

I had good luck and no no problems but he says on endless sphere someone said they should be limited somehow as theyre intended for a device that would limit them. I have no idea and will be running mine till it blows. last I saw it was out of stock but on amazon I saw a double golden knob! its 200 bucks and did maybe 25 amps, I forget, and two screens. even with the screen inaccuracy its seems stable.

ill Post the tracking. All are out. Not selling any of these till next week. Only have the two hole version

2 Likes

image image image

I hand chiseled out extra width for a wider battery. The loss of laminate resulted in an unacceptably flexy deck, which I stiffened with a carbon/foam medium/carbon sandwich under mild compression during cure. The resulting flex pics are acceptable for me and represent max flex and rebound from several increasing bounces from a 165lbs rider (feet left board).

TLDR: easy to cut more space. Take too much and you should reinforce.

7 Likes

How much wider did you go? Always concerned about keeping the stiffness while increasing the width.

Was planning to route up to anywhere from 150mm - 153mm

Nice. My apartment neighbors are not fans of my router. I cut with chisel and Dremel. image image

9 Likes

The battery width is 10x18mm= 180mm.

1 Like

very clean :slight_smile:

Details are better written up in build log, but I’ve posted here to just to prove to folks on the fence that the platform is great stock, and versatile if you want to tinker.

Scouts honor, I do have a build log in the works.

1 Like

I still have a bunch of the double hole decks id sell for 130$ each. including shipping and insurance and tracking.

3 Likes

(actual lmao)

Don’t know whats you agenda with so much hate. I really like the way you put it: “oh yeah I also hate how NESE is so big and such a waste of space.” The thingy you are working on is 1.37 liters for 10S, NESE is 1.41 liters for 10S, thats 40 milliters difference in volume :laughing: (1.35 ounces for American friends) I mean, you sacrifice so much convenience and use words like “huge” for scraps? Real “ingenuity”, i give you that. And yes, they are more expensive, cause quality, engineering does come at a price. You can bang your tabs with a hammer or hand press but this is contact based connection and precision must be high. You play with high currents here. BTW, you can download models for free and print them, DIY your tabs and it will cost you nothing. I hope you succeed, but there is no point trashing something i worked hard for long time.

2 Likes

You might wanna think about how coming in here and insultung folks likely won’t benefit your business.

I appreciate that it’s upsetting you see someone recreating an idea you originally had, but it’s not like 2 guys printing modules is gonna out you out of business.

Maybe that price is out if range if some DIY hobbiests. When that happens people start engineering alternatives, just the way life is.

5 Likes