Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Did anyone tried evolve supercarve trucks on the hummie deck?

1 Like

@Hummie any news on the foreign shipments of the decks? (Including mine lol)

1 Like

How did that get here so fast. Just got both my decksā€¦ mmmmmm

1 Like

Iā€™m currently building this with @marcmt88 mounts. I think @Dmaxx finished one

1 Like

Ive ordered mounts from unik boards but I guess it wonā€™t make much of a difference.

@Eretron, I can confirm the evolve trucks fit no problem on the hummie deck drop-thru mounted

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Finally it stopped raining. I did one side with chisel and hammer while it was raining, and the other side with a router. Making this post because I think I came up with a clever easy way to jig up for the router. I found a piece of wood about the same depth as the cavity and taped it to the bottom of the router. In the corners, I untaped and just put the spacer piece inside the cavity and ran the router on top of it.

I wanted the guide to be on the outside, which is why all the thinking. if the guide was on the inside the router bit would be constrained on both sides, which makes me nervous.

The chisel took hours, and many sharpenings. As I got tired, which was fast and often, Iā€™d get sloppy. There was some hard wood at one part, must have been knots in the ply.

The router, I thought about how to jig it up for like a week, but the actual setup and routing was very quick. Nice neat results, with just a few glitches.

I had to freehand the chamfer for the phase wires ā€“ the router V bit with the guide bearing stuck out too far to the bottom. Dremel with sanding barrel.

I always try to do the best I can, because part of it for me is learning how to do something, and how far I can take it. But I always glitch at some point. :slight_smile: Always more to learn.

IMG_20180915_164830IMG_20180915_164841IMG_20180915_164850IMG_20180915_165745IMG_20180915_165758IMG_20180915_165816IMG_20180915_165856

12 Likes

Got mine yesterday, thanks for the single cut-out @Hummie! Beautiful! Now to order the rest of my parts.

:C I still have no update on my own deck, I envy all of you who have already received yoursā€¦ I want to finish my diy next week :sob:

Monday a million things Iā€™ll send

2 Likes

@Hummie I would use PayPal shipping if you donā€™t have an ecomm store to make labels. Its what I use to do and you can save a lot of money doing it online. It would be good for you because you can use your PayPal balance.

www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create

7 Likes

Thats exactly what I thought, glad to know it works, and the piece of wood taped is great, was still thinking how to keep to router vertical

How much you widened?

4mm on each side. I used a cutting gauge to mark the line but you can set calipers, and drag one of the points, to mark the line.

EDIT actually I took 3mm per side

1 Like

Mine showed up Friday as I was running out the door for the weekend. Seriously tempted to cancel my weekend plans to start working on it. :). Thanks @Hummie!

4 Likes

:sob: I hope mine gets sent today, and I already have all my parts with me ahhhhh, I canā€™t credit enough to hummie on how good the decks look :CCC

1 Like

Today. For sure.

6 Likes

Is that for international quotes as well?

Last 5 sent. One Canada one South America I forget. Iā€™ll pm u tracking. If u donā€™t get a tracking from me message me

1 Like

Wait, you sent South America and Canada or you forgot to send and will send tomorrow?