Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

These are called rivnuts :slight_smile:

I need the cutout widened by about 20mm on one end to fit dual flipsky6, thinking about chiseling it out, has anyone done this?

Iā€™ve seen people route it out but donā€™t have one and donā€™t trust myself doing it by hand with a dremel routing kit.

I will do that to mine, enlarge the width and length a bit, the best way is to make a guide using wood so you keep it straight and print one of these to attach to the dremel

Or best yet, see if you canā€™t find someone with a proper router, it will be much faster

3 Likes

yea dremel sells a kit like this, but Iā€™m not making a guide so itā€™d be done manually and Iā€™d rather not do that.

but do share when you get yours done, Iā€™d be very interested in seeing the results.

1 Like

I widened one of mine with a circular saw. (5mm) Set the depth right, cut along the line and perhaps a couple more cuts if itā€™s s wide one. Then clean up with a very sharp chisel.

2 Likes

By guide I mean just getting a flat piece of wood, securing it to the deck somehow, double sided tape or some clamps, and using it to run the dremel along

Will try to remember to take photos, but will be using a Black n Decker full sizer router that I have, but the process should be the same, you will just need to do more passes with the dremel since the bits are quite small

Also this is the bit I recommend, I use it to do wire channels, with the router bits thereā€™s too much vibration for manual work

1 Like

I just bought a cheap router from Harbour Freight, but I had also planned on using it for some other projects and it wasnā€™t really the right tool for the job so I ended up returning it, lol, so was able to do that for free. I did end up buying the right tool I needed though so it wasnā€™t like I just bought it and then returned once I finished modifying my board, that would be kinda messed up.

But they have a bunch of different options for routers and dremel tools for super cheap so if you plan on doing this to a few boards itā€™s worth the investment.

If you are capable of building battery packs, consider buying the duo cutout. Itā€™s 74mm wide so you only have to sand a bit off to fit the 75mm 6.6

My pack ended up about 4mm too big. Itā€™s raining outside so no powered router today. Iā€™m going in with chisels and a marking gauge. Hmmm! If I get sad Iā€™ll set up the router. But itā€™s such a pain with clamping square onto curved things, or getting the template guides, measuring 100 times, still getting it wrong, etc.

Letā€™s see if watching all those Paul Sellers videos payed off.

EDIT after 8 inches or so setting up the router doesnā€™t seem so bad :slight_smile:

For the old timey woodworker wannabes, this is what I was trying to do.

4 Likes

Hey @Hummie

2 Likes

umm uhh yes?

2 Likes

High :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

I see you there typing. iā€™ll beat you. im pretty fast

2 Likes

Haha not this time batman

2 Likes

ha. chuckle chuckle you got me

3 Likes

you do crack me up. crackā€¦meā€¦up. ā€¦.so ā€¦I guess its back to electric skateboard talk soon.

3 Likes

im not doing hearts anymore!

2 Likes

Iā€™m really excited to make people angry lol

2 Likes

but im taking them. . ā€¦make them angry. sounds exciting. get on the foxnews.com discussion group maybe

3 Likes

Know youā€™ve got a big week ahead of you. Canā€™t wait to get my hands on these decks. Thanks again

3 Likes