Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

I will take one off your hands!

1 Like

If youā€™re Eu based hereā€™s the form! Or drop me a PM.

Why m6? Thatā€™s hugeā€¦I use m4. Should I be using m6?

1 Like

Mainly so you can use Honda kid fender dress up kits https://www.amazon.com/Racing-Premium-Billet-Aluminum-Beauty/dp/B01HW4ISPK?crid=3N46XRZ0LTKST&keywords=fender+dress+up+kit+washers&qid=1536355146&sprefix=fender+dress+up+kit+washer&sr=8-2-fkmrnull-spons&ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_2_sspa&psc=1 Also I think @bigben mounts his guts to the enclosure

I jyst wanna order something so I can put this bi$%h together when it gets here and not be waiting on hardwear

You want me to ship you some inserters? Brass tho. I use them on my hummie deck. M5 or m4 your pick @skunk

1 Like

@L3chef That be cool. I feel like Iā€™ve read someone going on about not ussing brassā€¦ Eboosted maybe? @psychotiller uses m4 so that should be fine.

I always used brass m4 and never had a problem

Iā€™m one of who suggested not to use brass because you can strip the insex. But if you use a quality insex and proper drill size you will be fine. I use m4 aswell. Pm me your address if you want them. I drop them in a envelope and ship them that way. If you want them pay for the stamps and give me a hit of you thc concetrate if I ever visit the states :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your electronics should be mounted to the board not the enclosure, if its mounted to the enclosure and something hits it at 30k/h it would not be good for your battery. I would only mount the Focboxes to the enclosute but that would only be for cooling purposes with one of those cncā€™d plates with cooling fins, also it would mount right at the back end of the enclosure.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m defently mounting to the deck. Got my Velcro straps, need padding still.

Iā€™m planning to bolt my 6.6s by their bolt holes to a 3D printed enclosure part that bolts to the board. the escs would be not touching the board. I guess not quite as recessed away from a possible collision as could be but seems good to me.

1 Like

I am worried of drilling through that carbon fiber layer to put my inserts in which are like theseā€¦ Maybe I should opt for a different insert? image

I havenā€™t mesured how far from the bottom the carbon layer is but my brass inserts are 10mm long, I think it should be fine with some apoxy to glue them in.

I used the uxcell threaded inserts. Either use epoxy to secure them or use the wooden inserts. I only had one come loose(all screwed in no epoxy). M6xm4 is a good size. image

1 Like

@Skunk I have a lot going on rn w/ work and school just starting up. I plan to be back at it soon tho, already have the metal, just need to go get my welding machine from my dadā€™s house

@Wraith I donā€™t plan on selling them yet, but if mine can take a beating and not break boards then iā€™ll start asking around for others to test

2 Likes

Iā€™m planning on using these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GQ2Z5O6?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

They require a tool to install properly but stainless steel and bulletproof. The tools can be pretty expensive but AliExpress has a few inexpensive ones.

https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/Rivet-nut-tool-.html?channel=direct&keywords=Rivet-nut-tool-

Any excuse to buy s new tool.

2 Likes

They donā€™t seem to have any shape on the outside to hold them. U glue them in ? My fear is something pulls out of course. Looking for the best!

Hah I used those inserters on my first build when I couldnā€™t find anything better at that point. i can not recommend them :grinning: And damn I payed a shitload for them. 4 pack was like 8ā‚¬ at my local store.

1 Like

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

@Hummie You drill a blind hole, snug but not too tight,press them in. the inside half of the insert is threaded and the outside half is unthreaded. The tool screws into the threads and pulls the threaded part toward the outside causing the unthreaded part to expand out and secure the insert in the hole (theoretically). Same principal as a blind rivet, but in reverse, kindof. not a very good explanation, heres a pic.

@L3chef Well, thatā€™s just great, lol, I havenā€™t used these in this kind of application, so itā€™s an experiment. That price is insaneā€¦ Did you use the stainless ones? I know in softer materials like wood you have to get the hole sized just right if itā€™s too tight, itā€™ll crush the wood. I have some threaded nut inserts as a backup in case donā€™t seat securely enough I should be able to reuse the holes.

hereā€™s what teh tool does to them. I over-squished it cause i just threw it on the tool and squeezed, you can control how much you expand them. rivetnut

3 Likes