Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Just bring my deck with you and mail it when you land. Lol Also

I’m not worried about it. Have a safe flight

I most commonly use 16mm length thread. Depends on the thickness of the flange really.

1 Like

Thank you, are those decent inserts?

Is not M6 a bit overkill? I’m using m4 and it works good, some grams here and there makes difference

For the enclosure? Wood deck right? You want wood inserters. And m6 is kinda big if it’s the inner diameter. I went with m4 and those are perfect imo

No those are for metal.

whats the max length the inserts can be if the deck is 19mm thick? doesn’t the hole have to be a bit deeper or do they go all the way to the bottom? so drill a 16mm length hole for a 16mm length insert?

I think the 16mm length was for the bolt. Needs extra length to account for washers and enclosure. *fairly sure Ben uses m6.

16mm is the threaded lenght if the inserter So 16 + maybe 3mm enclosure thickness + washer so 20-22 mm lenght of the screws.

choose your poison image image image image

2 Likes

They’re not what I use but they’ll probably work. The bigger the insert the more careful you’ll have to be drilling the deck but the less chance of pulling out. Not everyone’s choice but this is what I use. image

No, I use 16mm thread length. Here is a 20mm thread length in the insert. image

1 Like

Are we not talking about the outside threads? That’s what I ment with 16mm thread lenght. Screws 20-22…?

1 Like

Gotcha. That’s what I mean.

1 Like

I used the bottom T-nut on my current board nd you have to put the grip tape over them, you will end up with bumpy grip tape not to mention having to drill through the carbon fibre layer.

This is what I have in the garage waiting for the deck, they are M4 internal thread and 10mm long. I’m planning to get M4 cap head bolts with washers for a bit of an aircrafty riveted look, they will probably need to be 15-18mm long to allow for the enclosure and a rubber seal.

These boards look amazing Hummie. I’ll have to get one in one of your future orders.

Those are what I order on eBay almost 8 weeks ago. Can’t seem to find on Amazon.

I think Hummie has them in stock now if you’re US based. I have a few here in the UK.

1 Like

I wish i could right now but I just ordered a kaly direct drive and ordering a 20700B battery and enclosure from him in the morning once I speak with him so I can’t at the moment. If to much stuff shows up at the house all at once my wife will loose her mind. LOL. I’m such big kid. I’m 48 and love my toys.

4 Likes

He’s got a bunch of the double hole decks not so sure about how many of the singles now though