Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

I’ve always made my boxes for shipping decks. But it’s not very fast… and take a lots of tape.

1 Like

Why not just find long pieces of cardboard and just tape the shit out of the deck (making it a really slim box) and just put maybe bubble wrap on the deck itself in the inside? To me it doesn’t have to be pretty, just to get to my door in one piece ROFL

If you have a local grocery store or something that handles boxes and stuff, like for me it’s like IGA, Provigo etc, ask them if they have any boxes they don’t use because usually they have a cardboard box press machine they use for the boxes they don’t need.

I’ve got mad and ordered a small production run of boxes for the boards. Testament to how much I have had enough of making boxes…

@Hummie no need to box mine, just wrap it really nice w/ bubble wrap or something and send her off!

Maybe something like this with a piece of cardboard on top and bottom then just wrap the crap out of it? https://www.google.com/shopping/product/9364785729722181425?q=packing+wrap&client=ms-android-att-us&prmd=simvn&biw=360&bih=512&prds=paur:ClkAsKraXyaN5dv7vvV4OQRjABrAouvpIx2HCanaUHYGO8eclquX31eP0_QxaASKD0JJXa7cMysI72NqWrIYRke3U8PSYYVg6doPb_lBnwDRQJveH6rPTEEXAxIZAFPVH70tL2DNVaS0kZ4jk54KpEnLXb-TXQ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMiqeC1qTdAhVRIqwKHXefD3wQ8wIIfw

1 Like

Please box and pad the decks. I’ve gotten 3 decks that were damaged by USPS this year. The damage could have been avoided or at least mitigated some with bubble wrap and a decent box.

4 Likes

Ouch that gets me worried, if he finds cardboard I will opt for it

If you were closer I’d come help you pack them up. if you need a few extra dollars sent your way to help with packing materials I’m okay with that

1 Like

its not going to be shipped today and spent the day soldering motor leads. hoping to get them to po and a couple more to do. ill figure boxes tonight and ship tomorrow.

4 Likes

Still am, it’s not aluminum tho, it’s steel and I’m still working on that haha

1 Like

Well chop chop man, I’ll be waiting lol

Put me on the pre-order list if you plan on putting one together :smile:

Do the mount on the trucks the way the x-things do? I’m worried that steel pressing hard into the nose/tail would be bad correct me if I’m wrong.

Might be getting obsessed in keeping the deck intact as much as I can haha

Already at my door waiting for it

Thanks Hummie

Well done @Hummie the CF look is drop dead to die for sensational.

Form follows function is a principle that states that the shape or form that something takes should be chosen based on its intended purpose and function… I think you nailed it.
Its good to read the sweet agony lots are going through trying to figure out what to put on the deck. lol Thankyou Hummie

Now that I’ve been staring at her for hours :eyes: I’m thinking it looks even better in blue with 6 shooters and 69 rs complete with presidential level security. aka Stella My screen saver has changed on my phone and PC lol Well done @psychotiller Thankyou

3 Likes

Can someone mesure the standing area of the deck, I know it is 40" by 10" but there is less than 40" of usable deck.

Think it’s about 33 inches

1 Like

About to order m6 hardwear, can anyone suggest a good length? @psychotiller @bigben Ordering these since the ones from China will probably show up when the boards finished being put together https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077G7QRVW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A1THAZDOWP300U&psc=1 Good?

im going on a plane to san diego till Monday! ive got a lot of them boxed, a pair for you skunk, and cant get to the post office before my flight at 9am! sorry. im back Monday mid afternoon and will ship by Tuesday. I want some of those inserts too if theyre said to be good.

2 Likes

Only 6 left…

I am going to use threaded inserts, but also t-nuts are also a good option if the wood was soft xD