Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

No problem shipping to the US. £45 an enclosure. £18 snail mail. About £28 3 day service. I’ll have a satin version soon. Just moved house so I’ve been a bit busy!

2 Likes

Ok so I just routed out the cutout so it is large enough to fit the NESE Modules, I did a pretty sloppy job with the router, but I’m gonna get some tools tomorrow so I can smooth out the whole thing and have nice straight lines :smile:

wx_camera_1531593731339

Also I stood on it with the ends supported by chairs and it held me very well, I think the majority of the strength of this board is in the upper layers.

10 Likes

I think you should add something to compensate for all the wood you routed out just in case. Like aluminum bar on the side or something. Do you already have a plan?

Yes, I’m going to be adding a layer of CF to the bottom, after I do a few other mods to the board. Will post updates.

2 Likes

I bet you will have no issues with strength. Also I’m guessing the battery enclosure will hide the slightly uneven lines. Which you won’t see when done. But if you have the time or guess it won’t matter

Edit: plus it doesn’t look awful for a hand job…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not going to spend a crazy amount of time getting it perfect, but I’ll probably spend a few hours cleaning it up. Then I gotta find some wood siding that’ll help me with the building of the enclosure. Attach that all around the cutout, then put a layer of CF over it all. Then make a lid for the battery modules, and then make am enclosure over everything. Lol, lots of steps here!

1 Like

tenor

22 Likes

@sayekim I just noticed u also don’t have a 200mm hanger… that plays a big part in no wheel bite… my surfrodz are 200mm across with 50mm extra on the axle fpr a total length of 300mm from end to end… and im about to extend that to 350mm end to end with new shoulder bolts

Lolololololol

How is the camber for riding? My only deck I’ve ever used has zero camber, and my only exposure to longboarding has been esk8. Honestly, at this point that’s the only reason I haven’t thrown my money @Hummie.

What trucks have been confirmed to work with this deck in drop-down?

I’m thinking of Paris 195 or Torqueboard 218. I like the ride on Paris trucks but it seems hard to find motor mounts that work well.

What trucks are you guys running? Motor mounts?

@thiswasandy if u want i can post pics, but confimed, already i have skated this deck w/ 30 degree surfrodz and 6x2 pnumatics with 0 wheel bite in drop through… I have a set of TB 218mm if u want i can swap those on real fast

1 Like

Haha thanks man. Man those surfrodz are money!

Whenever you get a chance to swap out that would be cool, no biggie. I’m sure a lot of people here want to know and I’m sure more will buy the deck. Such a slim profile for components begs for a nice drop down for that lowrider and planted feel!

7 Likes

New cheap Paris mount. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-designed-a-motor-mount-for-sale-looking-for-review/59212?u=winfly

1 Like

Question. Is the tyres grooves facing the right way? I got mine the other way around.

2 Likes

Good spot. These are indeed the wrong way round in this picture. They’re now changed.

3 Likes

All those teaser shots… Where’s the money shot? :slight_smile:

(thanks for posting the guide)

im working on it all day today. hopefully i can get the last layer of black glass today and i’ll post pics in the guide page and here

1 Like

Just got a belt sander, going to make the cutout nice and straight and smooth :smile:

2 Likes