Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Got my deck in today. Looks gorgeous! :heart_eyes: I’m definitely going to have to make some additional space in the cutout though, as you can see, these NESE module’s are a bit wider than the cutout. Also think I’ll have to make it a bit longer too. It is going to be a tight fit for an additional DieBieBMS and dual ESCape’s… I think I’ll be ok though, the board feels very firm, so hopefully it can take an additional inch in length and width. :smile:

20180711_155458 20180711_155537 20180711_155603 20180711_155633 20180711_155644

2 Likes

Throw the escapes up on top?

Definitely not doing that. I’m going to mount them below and have the finned part exposed for optimal cooling.

Looking at this last pic, I don’t think I’ll need to make the cutout any longer. These modules are like 167mm (or close to that) and the DieBieBMS is about 60mm and the ESCape case is I think 77mm, so they should all fit in there with just a bit of extra space :wink:

1 Like

And how about your enclosure?

What about it??

Curious because enclosures that exist for it are not as wide as you will need. So you’ll make it?

15313509564401481867619 20180711_18005420180711_18010320180711_180133

In the process of making the battery enclosure, 3d printed hubs on 6"x2" pneumatics

5 Likes

how’d u drop mount the surfrodz rkp? I can’t get the hangar to clear

@thisguyhere

What degree is your baseplate? I was able to get my 45 degree to fit with super tight tolerances.

I’m using 35° plates

Oh, lol, yes I’ll be making a custom enclosure :slight_smile:

1 Like

how are you going to hold those packs? i think youll need a beam going across that could screw in the thick wood. inserts there. the center is thin but maybe you could do some recessed screws on the other side and go straight in through the hole. sounds risky.

this is the best duct tape job ever seen! but it doesnt go around the deck. how are you holding stuff up?

its very worth sanding down the nose as every one of these boards ive put together ends up splintering the nose when i put it down or drag it or something. sand to the washer on the outside holes, on the bottom i mean. its a shame to see so many of my boards with chips taken off

1 Like

Hey that’s a good idea. Kinda like what I plan on doing. Ok, so the plan is as follows:

Once I have the new area taken out, I’m going to take some angled molding that goes up just past the height of the battery modules and cut it to surround the cutout, then attach it with epoxy and some screws or nails. Once it’s secured, I’ll cut out an area from them which would allow me to put a lid over it. Then I’ll cover the bottom of the board with a layer of CF or Kevlar so it looks much nicer. Then I’ll secure the batteries with the lid which will match in CF. Then I’ll make a custom enclosure to cover the entire cutout.

That’s what I plan to do in as few words as possible, lol. There is a similar design I’ve seen in the pics thread.

Screenshot_20171030-223857 Screenshot_20171030-224025 Screenshot_20171030-224312

Like this, but I’ll make it raised up first and I’ll be making a second cover to go over the covered area.

2 Likes

The duct tape is there to make a form… I’m going to wrap it with cellophane and make a fiberglass enclosure

1 Like

How about velcro? That industrial strenght is very hard to rip off

I did the same thing with my deck. Left the packing tape on for a week. And when I removed it after laminating the tape glue/residue was all over my deck. Probably spent a week cleaning it up :grin:

1 Like

That’s why I use cellophane

1 Like

Lesson learned from my side