Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

these are the basic plans for the v4 deck. a change with a wood beam in the center. still probably only 145mm wide. you guys arent seeming into the cell compression aspect yet but let me get a prototype made and show you some pics of that and then hopefully you wont be backing out and instead be jumping in. i just threw this drawing together after thinking about it for a long time. if you see any obstacles…like how thick the beam in the center needs to be to support the screw insert, or if you think inserts cant sustain repeated screwing and unscrewing…or any other thoughts please tell. but i’ll be quiet about it till its ready to show

no soldering or spot welding. copper compression with printed plates bolted to secure. solid all the way through, except foam on the sides for compression similar to N.E.S.E packs

deck%20w%20bats

3 Likes

For the screw in inserts I’d have thought you’d want 20mm wide. For a drop in and epoxy type, possibly narrower?

I already have a flat 10s4p for this build so would prefer it without the beam :grinning: However if not possible. The beam would need to be a bit thicker. Or what size screws would go there? Also will it go from end to end or can I fit a bms horizontally?

2 Likes

If there is nearly zero flex with a recess cut to 140mm wide, why does there need to be a beam for an extra 5mm?

i found some on HK

1 Like

If there’s any heavy force the beam will fold over as you apply compression unless you can do bthe sides at the same time?

Maybe skip the beam and haye the cells directly touching?

If support for the coversis needed, maybe add beams going across every 6cells or so, maybe built into the lid and not the deck?

How aie you going to compress? Just jam the copper and Poron in?

ok 20mm is safer and can design it for that

how about i send you the older deck i still have a couple left?

the beam is for mounting the plate and the deck flex isnt the purpose. it would be the same amount of wood really just in another place

it’s a strong wood beam and wouldnt fold even at this 5mm with the lateral force on it. having cells touching and doing two across and bolting on either side isnt as secure or supportive and seems risky, and it would bend in the middle. done that. compress with poron yes.

I dont trust spot welded cells with flex. they also have high electrical resistance resulting in heat and less cell life. they are a lot of work to make a pack. they cant be dismantled easily either and that has a bunch of downsides.

Hi Hummie, I’m about to fill the form and pay now, mind you to share how are the numbers, are we close? Any ETA?

im not sure where we’re at but I’ve been working throughout the summer and could put in more. I want to hear back from the manufacturer confirming the price will be the same with this new double hole and all maple version (still carbon on top and a layer inside) but could be close to doing it.

if you want the old version that people already have i have a couple more of those for 130$ including shipping. If i get rid of these last ones i have i think we could order the new version. if you get two ill do 230$ including shipping.

I wouldn’t mind to get the old version, but already asked @bigben and is nothing left. Anyway I’m not in a hurry, I would go trough Ben, since in I’m EU.

1 Like

Could the $230 price for two be applied to getting an old and new board?

yea that works and get us further to the goal

Sweet, I’ll PM you.

From usa to europe? That will be expensive… It’s an option tho… But why not have 2 versions and see who wants what… Those who makes the deck only need to change cnc program, and that takes 3 sec. Since both decks have same workshift and cutting tools…

But the CF layers are in different layers between the two boards…

I have’nt checked this thread for a while. Didn’t the manufactors say no to lowering the cf layer one layer? And will this new version not be all maple, cf top?

As far as I know they will have the CF in different layers. I am not sure why an ‘all maple’. version is being discussed, cause it still will have CF, lol…? :confused:

1 Like

its a minor difference and the carbon layer on the new will still be on top and then the one inside will be down one, where it probably shouldve been. i’ll see if they can do two versions but unlikely and getting them to just do 50 decks is a feat.

and seeing about getting all maple so not that bamboo layer (either way doesnt make difference to me) and one more layer of wood. so hole will be like 15m or 14mm deep instead of 13

2 Likes

Cool. Makes sense not to cut away all that cf. However the cut out was.going to be a bit bigger width size right? 145*585??

yes. 145 x 580 i think it is. will see if they can do almost all of them as that, with the one hole, and then a couple with the double hole since it is experimental. experimental but sure it will work. theres no reason it wouldnt. just need enough room for the right foam.

2 Likes