Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Nice I’ll be looking out for it

Did you have that light mounted? I’m always worried the mount will break from vibrations. Did yours hold up?

I made a mount the clamps down and used my dremel to texturize the inside of the clamp… it also has red loctite on the screws… it hasn’t come off yet

2 Likes

The edge of the inside of the enclosure where it meets the deck is 625mm x180mm The inside flat area is 150mm x 580mm

@bigben Cool. Ship me one tomorrow?

1 Like

Love that enclosure! How much?? What’s the difference between this one and the satin finish?

£45 plus shipping. The satin one will have a satin finish, and may look at adding a slight channel at the rear for phase wires.

3 Likes

whoever has the newest prototype used for the pics woth the enclosure, would it be possible to get some pics of the deck w/ a square/ruler by the nose of the deck and also of the distance from the enclosure lip to the outer edge of the board? I have a weird idea and would for my light mounting solution and would like to have it fabbed up by the time the board arrives.

2 Likes

I talked w the manu and they don’t want to do carbon on the bottom n cut it out. They will do all maple next though.
I’d like to do cutout at 150mm wide as will fit 8 cells side by side w clearance for compression pack. I’m talking about something just like sold on this site …I forget the name. Copper compression using 3d print n foam. I don’t have a design for this 150mm cut out n 8 cells and looking for design ideas. The only hurdle is making it so it can be reliably held closed and take hits. Maybe need screws

So 1 more cm wide.

3 Likes

Damn that looks so good! Have you considered routing about 1-2mm around the edge of the enclosure so it shows no edges and makes it blend in perfectly?

Like what was done here.

Screenshot_20171030-223857

Screenshot_20171030-224025

Screenshot_20171030-224138

Screenshot_20171030-224312

4 Likes

I’d be cool to collaborate on this battery w people. I’ve got a good printer and can design OK but input and designs u guys have would be cool to incorporate Ive copper n have made a compression pack a couple of times . I find maki g a press for the copper out of prints works well n the future am has shown to work well

1 Like

I’ve given this a lot of thought. When I have time on my hands I will probably do it after I’ve ridden the board a few miles to see how the flex is. With every little bit taken away the more of a diet I’ll have to go on.

5 Likes

Route a bunch of stuff out and change your username to smallben :wink:

6 Likes

…or you can ADD like two or three layers of CF to create that offset. That way, as they say, you can have your cake and eat it too!

3 Likes

imageimage

8 Likes

Wow… love the deck grip tape can you share where you got it? Also see you have mounts for lights great idea…Real nice clean build!!

That looks dope craig

1 Like

Bro getting there … thank man

Cut this out myself , the middle bit is the Taurus horoscope

You are artist look awesome…

1 Like