Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

I’m down for 1

1 Like

fuck the GB, i’ll help you fund the MOQ and we can split what little profits, if any.

6 Likes

Possibly increase the cutout from ~140mm width to ~145mm? The current width doesn’t allow two vesc 6’s to be placed side by side without extra routing.

1 Like

any idea if @Eboosted universal enclosure would fit on this?

What about also closing off the opening of the forked tips on the deck? Still drop down, but with a cutout that is surrounded by wood on all sides.

2 Likes

ANOTHER GROUP BUY!!

120$ including usa domestic shipping to your house or to @bigben in England (you have to figure it from there with him) or you can pick it up in san francisco for 100$

I like it as snub nosed as possible so I can drag it and not have to carry it.

wowww @thisguyhere is selling the mini trigger cheaper than I think anywhere at 19$ http://www.esk8life.com/

lets figure what you guys want as far as details on the cutout but as it is, as awkward as it may be, we will never come to a consensus. I still think a 12sp4 will fit with two focboxs and also the hobbyking flightmax I linked above at 8ah and 2s just fits and its as slick as could be. Also this is tried and true and don’t want to cut wider. if you need to you can dremel but if you have a great argument for a certain cut lets hear.

when we get the orders in to make this happen. 50 decks. it goes out. I’m not subsidizing this or getting any so its a real 50. that’s a lot.

paypal [email protected] (prefer friend and fam!) the 120$ and…who’s an awesome person who can make a google doc?..hummmmm…

1 Like

Going from just 140mm wide to 145mm wide would allow laying 8 cells vertically and also make it easier if you wanted to lay them horizontally.

that sounds worth doing. I was on the phone with them asking about the carbon imbedded in the board, the layer in there near the top, wondering if maybe we should move it another layer down towards the center before the cut out. I think that would stiffen it a hair more and makes more sense using it in tension. It could compensate for the 145 instead of 140.

or should we shoot for 26650 cells? theres some measuring nerdery that can be done to figure I’ll be doing but annoyed by doing fregin 48 cells and rather drop it to 36 at least 12s3p maybe, if it fits, and the cells are out there.

2 Likes

It’ll also make it so 2 escape’s can fit side by side without having to use a router or dremel

1 Like

I’ll make the form and put it here

1 Like

@Hummie check your email. You should have access.

2 Likes

awesome mike! and we’re up and running. and the list is already lost at the second to last post already.

I’ll confirm the 145 cut instead of the 140 with them and you guys tell me if you like that and I already like it. and the carbon is going down a layer no prob for stiffness.

also seeing if we could do a different top layer of carbon maybe a uni-directional like this for just the top layer. I’m seeing and maybe they can do us a quick sample to show. I have this deck.deck

tempted to put a print like this on top or bottom image

5 Likes

Anyone up for a longer cutout? 620mm *145 would be great imo.

same deck length with more material cutout? I would love to have more room but worried about the structural integrity though.

I did cut out mine to 145*620 been jumping on it with 75-80 kg and it bearly has any flex. And if we move up the carbon layer one row it will even be stronger

1 Like

Is there any possibility to make the deck a couple of cm longer and make the front and back “lip”? what to call it? where you mount the trucks longer, so it would fit caliber 2 50° without any wheel bite? Sry I’m tired and then my english goes to shit then :joy:

Yeah should probably say caliber + 6" pneunatics…

well the cut out would be only 5mm wider which isnt much and the internal carbon layer was not placed ideally for strength or stiffness and would be moved down a bit towards the center for that purpose and who knows and if we get uni-directional carbon on top instead of the weave it would make sense that would stiffen it lengthwise as well.

uni-directional or the checkerboard?image image image its a more subdued organic look. hard to find images of it after lamination

but not a single person has jumped into this and we are 50 boards away. I’ll get two so 48 away.

im tempted to bring it down to 115$ including usa shipping if that would get people on this. Id rather see it happen than wait forever. in my mind this is a good opportunity to get a deck yourself or 5.

the deck shape and length is fixed based on the mold and we cant go any longer or wider. we could add a nose but dont want to do that and like to drag the board on the wheels

1 Like

GROUP BUY AT 110$ each including usa shipping. (please do friends and fam!) no lower can i go. maybe its too soon and the majority of you who would buy just bought.

im mainly interested in the slightly wider cutout as i can than fit my 18650 copper compression pack, and dying to see how the uni looks and the new layup feels. not like i need another deck

$110 INCLUDING USA SHIPPING EACH

paypal: [email protected] (friend and fam please)

ok and ive said my piece and will sit on my hands now

Hey don’t worry I’m in for 2 or 3 atleast. I get my paycheck next thursday.

2 Likes