Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

This is the best news I’ve gotten all day. Woohoo

1 Like

I sent the 30. Please send. Thanks for the cool products, I know that once you have parts in stock this money pinch will be a thing of the past.

1 Like

I’m interested in one!

Lol I hate coming back to topics that I’ve already deleted my comments from

But didn’t you say they cost you 110 but your going to charge 130 for packing and shipping. Then charge people shipping on top of that.

Which you did…now you’'ve spent these people’s money and can’t even pay to ship, so your asking for another $30?

What a confusing topic…

1 Like

sorry it is confusing and I meant people are paying me 10$ to pack the boards and get down to the post office at 120$ as the boards cost me 110$ . That’s the profit and all the profit. it was said so people know what a good deal this is. 120 plus shipping would be a big loss for me and finding the lowest cost of shipping can be as much as 47 bucks just in the usa ( shipping from sf to Atlanta Georgia). The cost is different all over the country and not standard such as with smaller packages

Price drop! To 120! Now I’ll need another 30!

Now that I’ve gotten used to it, I kind of like it. :slight_smile: @Hummie adds a unique flavor to this place.

I shipped a light Carbon Fiber deck form California to Atlanta via USPS Priority and it cost me $24. My wage at work is on the higher end so my time is worth a lot, so using my time packing (taped together four boxes) and transporting to the postal office in my gas guzzler of a car would add a significant amount as well.

So I would say that @hummie has the right to make a profit because he used his TIME to make these available to us, he communicated with the factory, packed up these boards individually and shipped them. Maybe I just think differently but what’s wrong with making money for those who wants to offer it for other people to work for them?

4 Likes

Fyi just so I don’t sound like an ass or add to the confusion.

I want the man to make money… Just confused about the… I’m broke so you have to send me more money to ship what was already paid for posts.

I’m in the same boat Mike. Time is worth money… I just didn’t understand that small piece.

3 Likes

IIRC hummie said he’s charging right now for the board, and for packing and deal with the post office. When he gets his shit together, he’ll bill the buyers for actual shipping which varies by location. Or some flat rate close to the average.

Is there any boards left ?

nope. no boards. but if you want to work towards getting the 20 total orders on this site or whatever then I can order them then. they wont sell me less than that anymore. and then I make like 30 total per board on the deal. I get them made in china. I’m prompted to drop it to 110$ so we can get to the 20 orders. I know at least 2 other people are interested but it’s still a ways off. I think it’s a matter of lack of promotion and also it has no rep. so 110$ and we get 20 made and we send it off.
about the confusion or what the business practices are: I’m always broke and in this case couldnt send boards and bill people the shipping cost afterwards even, and two I dont really want to run a business. there might be no getting my shit together and you might suffer through slight inconvenice or confusion but I pride myself on selling stuff that’s the best and, because I cant even afford to buy them in bulk it all ends up being a group buy and you get it cheap.

2 Likes

I’m super excited to get this deck. I’m trying to decide which drivetrain to use as I have a few different options. Also i have a few batteries and some kydex to experiment with for an enclosure. Never used Kydex previously so I’m a little nervous. Im alsp going to do some sort of decorative custom grip to show off the beautiful carbon fiber on top.

I hope people change that when your motors are ready to excite the masses :wink:

2 Likes

I had mentored this before but since your working towards ordering more, I’ll try for it again. It’s there any possibility that around the enclosure there could be a slight recess around it so any mounted enclosure we were to put on it would appear flush with the board? Like this :slight_smile: b51914557081844846cb440abc4cc6d6d935bf2f_1_666x500

Lastly, is it possible to get one of the boards without a drop through mount for the truck cut out, and instead just provide holes for regular truck mounting from below?

I’d definitely take one if the first thing I mentioned is possible, the second I could live without, but would prefer that.

Also I recall you mentioned someone was working on an enclosure for this, is that still going on or will we have to make our own?

Very sick looking board, love the design!

1 Like

I have to order 20 of whatever design and this design is proven while doing a change as you’d want would be a slight gamble. true it would be cool maybe to have that slight recess for the box flange but its a complication beyond what I want to get into. you could do it!

110$ plus shipping as it is now. when we get 20 boards than we order.

Ok… I can’t say yes just yet, but I’ll probably want one. I’ll let you know as soon as I can, hopefully there will be some left!

1 Like

Mine should be in my hands Thursday. I’ll be sure to post pics when I get it.

I just finished up this enclosure for Hummie’s Wood and CF decks. Fit’s perfectly and includes wire channel for Phase leads. $65

Psycho's Arc Enclosure 2Psycho's Arc Enclosure 3Psycho's Arc Enclosure 1

16 Likes

Put me down for one…

1 Like