Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

@TarzanHBK what you say? Let’s get these to EU.?

1 Like

Ooooohhhh these look even better than I had imagined…now to figure out the clear grip to show off that beautiful carbon

I like some racing stripes!

8 Likes

@Hummie would 6" pneumatics fit ?

I bet they would since the wheels I use are center set and really wide.

if they don’t you could always sand down the ends of the deck and add clearcoat again and will look as good as before with the dyed wood I’ll get to the po and ship them either tomorrow or this weekend.

1 Like

It looks like they will fit. Otherwise I will sand it. If you have the time, can you check shipping prices to Finland at the p.o?

@Hummie any updates on shipping costs?

You can hold mine till the enclosure is ready, ship it together

1 Like

tomorrow. i’ll ship them all tomorrow.

syched. I stare at it and it’ll be an exciting day tomorrow with the vac former.

having fun

cant wait to glue/plug/snap/slide/bolt it all together with the motors of course.

2 Likes

@Hummie mine too if that’s the case (pun intended)

oo shit puns. it was ripe. shall we call it a case …lately I like box because it’s 3 letter!!

1 Like

I got 8 sheets of kydex ready to play first time enclosure design @hummie could you please post a pic of the entire bottom of the board?

sorry haven’t gotten them out and now broke and cant even pay the shipping. if you want it TOMORROW send me 30$ f and f and I’ll send you back the difference of shipping cost.

yup spent all my dollars on vacuum forming stuff…and now going to make an enclosure a different way. A super easy way. (making an oven as large as I need to get polycarbonate up to 280 and then preheating to dry it for hours…and I’m discouraged but don’t want to just do kydex)

I just figured how to get my boss level welder doing the copper strip consistently and as soon as I get the pack of 55 (11s5p) together, and glued into the board, then the next exciting part: cover the batteries and escs with saran wrap,then make a periphery boarder about an inch out from the board’s hole out of wax or something, then lay fiberglass and carbon on all the electronics, let it cure, drill it, peel it off, paint it with rubber inside, screw it back on and done.
its not so “pro” but given up on other ways I was trying and instead going the suuper easy way I know will work for me and I think this will look really cool actually with the translucent resin and glass and some patterns of carbon and Kevlar in spots. for sure will look homemade but…wait till you see.

motor’s last parts are in the mail and supposed to be here on Wednesday and DHL often shows up a day early so the drive to build will be kicking hard tomorrow.

sorry for the complication and unprofessional way this is going but these boards will make it worth it.

2 Likes

Instead of laying the glass on the electronics you could make a wooden or foam plug or buck the same size as the battery and electronics? Then form over this? If I could get super accurate dimensions I could make you an enclosure?

I was thinking of doing that but I like how this will be an exact fit and all solid with just maybe 1mm of rubber between everything and the fiberglass shell. rather it have no extra room.

Are these still available, and if so, is it possible to get like a 1/2 inch slight recess in the deck so whatever enclosure we put over it, it’ll appear flush with the board then? Like it’s done in this picture:

it has a recess. I don’t know what you mean. you mean a recess just for the flange that bolts on? it is what it is and wont be changing it.

people who got this if you want it best send me some bucks for shipping or …we’re waiting till I get some more bucks go ship. sorry folks but it’s extreme crunch time for me in many ways and bucks are minimal and needed and cant wait for people to pay me back. I should’ve just added a domestic shipping price but too late now and find every state is different…but I’m not going to figure out each state and then bill you instead will pay it and you have to pay me back…or pay me now 30$ and i’ll reimburse you and get it out the door today

How much are they again? And will they fit 2 ESCapes and 12s5p battery? If so put me down for one please. Also if possible, I would prefer mine without the drop through for the mounting trucks. I would prefer they just drill the holes and leave it at that instead of cutting out that segment for a dropthrough truck mount.

@Hummie just Paypal’d you $30 for shipping and pmd you. How soon can you ship this? I’m excited.

1 Like

today. be over to the po in the next hour or two. I said it so got to stick to it. at home pouring wheels off work today!

2 Likes