Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Would I be able to stiffen the deck by adding more cf or cf and fiberglass on top ? I wanted to add another layer of cf that wraps the edge either way

1 Like

it has a nice finish on it as is but if you find it too soft and wanted to experiment donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t. stiffening it maybe youd be better adding to the bottom. Adding to the sides sounds like it would lose itā€™s nice looks to me but maybe youre good with cf or fiberglass.

Yeah just thinking out loud, need to get my feet on it first :yum:

ok and itā€™s on. they say theyā€™ll try to get them out by the end of January and theyā€™ve been good about being on time in the past. keep in touch! if anyone really wants a video of me bouncing on the boardā€¦I could do that I guess but youre all in already anyway:laughing: itā€™ll be good though.

4 Likes

I picked up one of these from Hummie a few months ago, and itā€™s a good looking, solid deck. I still havenā€™t finished building it up yet, cause i wanted to save it for the Carvon V4XLā€™s, but my plan is to go with a @psychotiller Signature Low Pro enclosure at 24" or 26". The deck cutout is 23.5" x 5.5"x~0.5" deep, so Iā€™m not sure if the 24" is long enough, or if Iā€™d need to step up to to the 26". Maybe Dave can chime in on that. Or maybe we could talk him into making a custom enclosure for this deck thatā€™s perfectly sized, and even lower profile than 1"high?

https://psychotiller.com/product/signature-low-pro-22

Here are a couple images of my Hummie deck, for some more perspective. Itā€™s pretty stiff with just a tiny, almost undetectable amount of flex, and Iā€™m 180 lbs. Feels good though. Flex shouldnā€™t be an issue for batteries unless you glue them directly to the deck. Lol

5 Likes

Someone say custom enclosure? I know a guy.

15 Likes

Still waitingā€¦:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

I can get a kydex box or something done for them before the decks show.

Iā€™ll design it for 48 li-ion and two vescs and itā€™ll stick out like 5mm.

ok iā€™ll bounce around for you in a min

1 Like

And if by chance double stacked the batteries. Still enough clearance on 107s u think?

I assume there isnā€™t room for one more is there? I just caught a glimpse of these beauties.

yup. do me 120 to [email protected] thatā€™s the last.

@E1Allen I donā€™t have those wheels to see but maybe Shawn does and could see. the box wouldnā€™t effect it either though. I can make a bigger box too I guess.

ok going to go bounce on the board since I said I would

1 Like

That include the ship? Florida?

Never got a pm but can I flip the deck and ride like that?

sorry I thought I pmā€™d you. you want to ride with it upside down?! if you want to I guess you could

doesnā€™t include the shipping cost.

sorry my video wont upload as itā€™s not the right format and Iā€™m giving up and donā€™t want to spend the time trying to convert it. if you give me your email address here Iā€™ll send the video to you.

2 Likes

[email protected]

Thatā€™s secretā€¦ [email protected]

Woo hoooā€‹:grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

@hummie can I get in? I most likely want the enclosure too. A good deck with a cavity and enclosure, one of the things that are so uncommon and hard to execute well DIY.

1 Like

You can get mine, I just realized I have too many boards and partsā€¦

1 Like

9 Likes