Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

I was thinking about doing a 4wd with the deck. Probably going to have a stagger pack to fit more cells

i went double stack probably going to need a tall enclsure as my batteries are 3.5cm tall

I really want to try and make it just a single level battery. I forget who made it but there is a enclosure cover that is barely a few mm thicker and it looks so great! I want to do that but just get a little more space out of the enclosureā€¦

Edit:

@psychotiller made it.

1 Like

How do you forget Psychotiller!? :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

Haha, yeah I thought it was him but I didnā€™t remember that the post was on this thread until after I made my last post, lol. That enclosure is so legit though! I want to make that recession a bit bigger and have an enclosure made like this that barely raises upā€¦ You probably couldnā€™t even tell it was there if you saw someone riding by with that!

And especially not if the bottom was painted black as well.

1 Like

this is how mine looks with his slim enclosure single stack

25 Likes

:star_struck: so clean

2 Likes

What size battery did you use

This deck and enclosure is a piece of art :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hummie are there any decks left??

Mike did that enclosure come with the screen and charger in it or did you install those yourself?

Drilled and cut the holes myself. I had to cut a slight gap in the foam seal to make room for the back of the angled LCD, button and plug. That new bump he added seems like a great idea.

Battery is a 12s3p single stack with BMS. Really not much room left with the antispark switch, dual receivers and FocBoxes which is why Iā€™ll go with double or stagger pack for 4wd

3 Likes

Iā€™ll have some. Anyone interested in them write me after I have them n we can figure it out

Cool, Iā€™ll want one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know what kind of place Iā€™d need to find that could enlarge the routed out area???

@uigiroux Have you looked into Dremel Router attachments? Iā€™d imagine taking off the small amount you need would just be an hour or two.

His guy made his own. Watch the small area he tested at around 3:47 and see if thatā€™s something you wanna do.

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you, exactly what I was looking for!

Or you can just buy this.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the flip side

http://www.leevalley.com/us/Wood/page.aspx?p=73720&cat=1,43000,51208&ap=1

http://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/Types_of_Tools/Routers_and_Bits/Routers/Precision_Router_Base.html

(I have a tool problem)

4 Likes

6 Likes