Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Shave some width between them, couple mm

you could just use a dremel with the router attachment and cut out a bit on the left and right of the vesc housing. but then you have to paint again

Just shave the inside face of the 2, won’t see it again :yum: It’s really not much

1 Like

off topic OCD rant.

Am I the only one that can’t stand the FocBox and Vesc6s phase wires being on one side? Seriously, next design needs to center those things

7 Likes

Yeah that bugs me too :yum: I resolder one at an angle so it points more towards center Also next version needs case mounting holes through the PCB so the case doesn’t need to extend much beyond the pcb

I’m more for a double pcb where one is mirrored and redundant parts just scrapped. Pre configured can master/ slave.

5 Likes

I actually put down a build today because if that. I was cutting all the holes for mounting bolts, charge port, switch, etc. I’d already marked for phase wires couplers in the enclosure and I went back and looked at the FocBox again…did a little cussing at the point and out it down.

I think I’ll just come out against the deck and use my phase with guide as normal :grinning:.

2 Likes

Yeah. All those Chinese ESCs are a single PCB. Hopefully future VESC would go that route as well. Anyone looking for a single drive can just get the current versions.

Do you have plans to do this on the next version of the b-box?

Lets make this version a thing before we talk about the next gen.

4 Likes

Out of interest, has anyone who had one of the first batch mounted something like six-shooters on this deck?

2 Likes

Just Superfly so far, I can stick my sixshooters on later if you wanna see

9 Likes

Looking good, what depth is the enclosure? I was looking at it and it seemed a 10mm one would get a single stack in. Seeing the six-shooters on would be great.

1 Like

Not sure exact depth, but definitely won’t fit doublestack When the enclosure is mounted and bolted it flexes towards the deck, so the height shrinks even more Goes from flat to concave

1 Like

More mounting holes on the PCB most likely means bigger PCB.

I cant see any other advantage of having 2 ESCs in one PCB apart from symmetry (if you have one mirrored) and biggest disadvantages are if something breaks you end up without 2 ESCs, repair would be more expensive, also some people only runs one motor so you would need 2 different ESCs coming from factory, more costs. Not worth it imo.

1 Like

What lights are those?

Yeah stick em on! :+1:

Btw I’m using these connectors for all the lighting on all my builds, 2 pin DC for main lighting, 3&4 pin small for smart lighting

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMFIW62/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_lqwRAbBDG1W56

7 Likes

@scepterr Gold PLA! Love It! What printer do you use?

1 Like

Just sent payment

1 Like