New VESC from China. Seems like not only Maytech is making VESC's now

it says it does foc i read…with slight effort

in the description maybe half way down.https://flipsky.net/products/torque-esc-vesc-®-bldc-electronic-speed-controller

OMG haah I was still talking about the Maytech ESC

(deleting old post, I look crazy)

1 Like

whats the most reliable cheap vesc that can do foc these days? thats all ii want. need not have high erpm or any features. but I am finding the focbox is quieter in foc.

1 Like

That would be great if this $90 flipsky VESC could run it! That would enable a 4WD build to be much cheaper!

2 days ago it was $100 for it with the case. Went up to $109 yesterday.

1 Like

I’m really eager to know what the Enertion Unity dual ESC cost will be. I’m sure that will run FOC well, and it sounded like they would be priced less then the cost of 2 FOCBOX’s.

1 Like

i bet enertion slips right into a price that is juuuust cheaper. just into a spot they will make bucks and not a steal of a deal

2 Likes

Yeah… If 2 FOCBOX’s are like, what $300… I bet it’s between $250-$275ish… If it was low $200’s that would be very appealing. If these $90-$100 v4.12 VESC’s turn out to be solid and run FOC, then it’d be a tough choice I think…

It is impressively small though. In that last pic it looks like the size of an iPhone 6.

1 Like

They are cheap on taobao :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, the real picture of VESC6 here, now Vesc6 can be pre-order now without case. Vesc6 with aluninum case that have good waterproof performance can be order at the end of May:grinning:

13 Likes

If those mosfets on top are the ones handling power than its the same performance of 4.12 :smiley:

Also capacitors part will brake from vibrations…

P.S. @trampa will soon come with Hammer™

7 Likes

Why did people flag this???

Who know that?

No one knows that

Answer the question…

@Kug3lis: I think they are a Antispark. vesc 4.12 doesnt have 3 Shunt

But for what are all these JST Connectors? there is at least one Con more than at the VESC 6 from HammerFrank

Yeah then it would explain that JST on the bottom connector. Plus all those zener/cap/resistor next to it would explain anti spark switch… But still based on size I guess its the same mosfets for motor phases…

They all are GPIO, PPM, CAN, SWD, NRF, HALL and bottom would be button

1 Like

They are for antispark apparently

On the otherside there is 12 mofsets

2 Likes

@Surfer

If you are interested in what’s going on recently look here

1 Like

Hi, sorry so late to reply, the 3 mosfets you see on top are belongs to spark switch, 12 mosfets welded behind the on the other side of the picture esc6. and capacitors will not be damaged by vibrations because we are ultimately soldered, not glued.

So this has an anti spark switch built into it?

Do you have a pic of the waterproof case with this in it?