New VESC from China. Seems like not only Maytech is making VESC's now

I don’t see a point of changing current settings to bigger or changing gearing would help with cut out which happens when current overshoots everything not your motor/batt settings… Technically either it reads shit from current sensor or it just passes through maximum currents

welp, looks like i need to do more reading.

Technically vesc should regulate current so it would never reach over its limit if it does than it means something is bad :slight_smile:

i can still remember that on my single drive board i also got a couple of ABS overcurrent fautswith my focbox and increasing of my amps in the settings just eliminated those faults, currently i also go around 5% over my amp limits which i set in my vesc tool, but everything works fine. i always assumed that it is normal for a certain tollerance.

FlipSky has always been paying great attention to the feedback from ESK8 builders, sincerely apologize for not replying in time, but i don’t have so much time for the forum and replying the questions one by one , so any questions your have, please send to our email: [email protected],it’s more directly and faster. As for the recent discussions about our poducts, we have explained them in our blog, the linking here: https://flipsky.net/blogs/vesc-tool, please pay more attention to our blog, thank you! BTW, we have a flash sale for Dual FSESC6.6 today, only today!

@BarbaraZ When are you going to release schematics of vesc? Because you are selling modified vesc hardware from original schematics and licenses requires you to publish changes.

Also solder balls in motor is not nothing to be concerned you can die because of motor shortening and going into instant braking I can’t imagine how can you think that this is not concern… Also loose magnets which were not even mentioned in the blog article…

Didn’t the blog say that they sent an entire batch back to make sure that there are no solder balls. There are even changing the assembly to make sure it doesn’t happen. Also, they have a retainer ring in their motors now.

@BarbaraZ, are you using high temperature expoxy now or not?

Magnet retaining ring doesn’t do shit about magnets coming loose :slight_smile: It just makes them stay in place and whole retaining ring bit by bit gets pushed out :wink:

Well that’s was with the motors you had. If made right(shrink fit), it should stay put. Maybe you had a dud.

Well I had more than several motors and I am not the only one with the same condition :slight_smile:

eh, I wouldn’t keep my hope up if I were you. You know how most Chinese company operates when it comes to IPs, copyrights, trade marks, open licences, etc…

aka never gonna happen

Yes I know I dont expect much at least if they want to be recognized as good company they would release it :slight_smile: Its not like we can overjump they price outside china :smiley:

After they release it we can figure out why 4.20 is failing so much maybe :slight_smile: It would help them too

I do believe it has been stated on this thread that they are in fact making these changes. The motors with solder balls will be replaced and the materials required by the license will be released. I also would like to remind people that they speack a different language and have a hard time answering ( especially when pressed ) I have had contact with Barbara recently and she had stated that because it has to do with licensing they are being thorough in doing so. She also assured me that they would start donating as well and publish that as too. I would ask that everyone have patience and give them time. They will act on these things, but like any company they want to be sure it in the right way. I am also sure if she is available and has the answers I do not. She will give them. I appreciate the community’s understanding in our pusut to help flipsky produce a reliable product. Thank you

3 Likes

That’s a good point actually. Releasing the schematics and letting the community figure out what might be inefficient is a smart thing to do. But I guess from Flipsky’s point of view, some other company might “steal” their design.

Well its been a month :wink: and upload PDF from your Orcad or etc stuff you use in China isn’t that hard…

1 Like

I have waited longer than a month for needed parts and components from people on this forum. The one thing you won’t find is me badgering them.

Well yes its good to delay release schematic so that you could sell more before shit storm will start on design changes :laughing:

1 Like

Always the optimist, I’m so glad your here @Kug3lis

6 Likes

I am aware that you should release modified software because of the licences vedder introduced, but where is the requirement stated that you should share the hardware?

2 Likes

image image FSESC4.2 Dual installed in my Evolve CGT

4 Likes