New VESC from China. Seems like not only Maytech is making VESC's now

what guess contest, like that world cup deal @okp doing ?

Where do we have to post our answers, link?

mh it is realy tight fit, donā€™t like to put that much pressure on it. it doesnt completly close without me panicking^^

1 Like

i did a 12km testrun with the flipsky FSEsc 4.12 and @Ackmaniac ESC Tool, i have nothing to complain about, runs without hickups so far and the 56ā‚¬ is insane. Sadly i forgot to plugin my bluetooth so i canā€™t post any details atm, maybe on my next ride. Update: Got the bluethooth running, real life test coming soon.

1 Like

it woked now, same procedure then used the extended tool,

my problem now is the monitor on HW 6.6 it says ā€œesc not connectedā€

but its working on my 4.12ā€¦

I like that they soldered on cables for the receiver port, because that was the highest/thickest point on my TB vesc. But visually, the pcb does not look as good as the TB vesc and the solders are matte and dirty.

post a picture for referance

Iimageimageimageimageimageimage image

2 Likes

Down below the TB vesc for reference:

imageimage

2 Likes

looks the same to me, dunno guess i donā€™t know that much about soldering. thanks for sharing.

I am no solder expert either. But to me it looks like they have too much solder, they are not as shiny (hard to see on pictures), and some of them I needed to pull to check that they would not fall off, as it looked like they could be cold joints. BUT I think its fine, I have not actually used it yet.

Here is linking to post your answer: https://goo.gl/tq2SNd, :grinning:

1 Like

Hi,Mikaelj. The FSESC 4.12 is thickened with tin on the board during PCB produce, which makes the productā€™s over-current and heat-dissipating ability stronger and the performance is more stable.

1 Like

You can never have too much solder on power traces (as long as they donā€™t bridge and short to other parts of the board).

Itā€™s either some of that lead-free garbage or cheap chinese solder, Iā€™m guessing the former since FLIPSKY is probably is trying to stay RoHS compliant.

Itā€™s a ā€œcold jointā€, the wires were soldered on without heating up the rest of the pad (ie the transistors), not the best but it should hold. If the pads were heated properly during soldering, the solder joint should smoothly fillet from the wires to the pad. I went through and extra-tinned the power traces on my VESCs. The TB VESC also has this problem but to a lesser extent.

Did you run in BLDC or FOC mode? Also, did you set the ERPM limit to 60k? Can this Flipsky vesc 4.12 do FOC? Sorry for asking so many questions. Iā€™m new to DIY eskate :sweat_smile:

i used it in BLDC mode, it is a vesc, so yes i set it up like i would set up any vesc. It can do foc but i have not used it in foc.

I swap the Bluetooth module, Same thng happen,

I read the wiring! Im using Bluetooth module wired for 4.12,

Swap the rx-tx and it worked!, got the app working on my phone!

I want to thank you all for documenting your trial/error/reviews on the FSESC 6.6, really helpful to a noob like me. The big appeal here over a vesc/focbox for me, who thinks loop keys are primitive and doesnā€™t have an e-switch battery/bms, is the option of having a power switch, presuming they are more reliable than a DIY anti-spark switch on a vesc (which I hear blow easily). Maybe Iā€™m missing something but it seems kind of ridiculous that out of the all the other advantages, the power switch is the clincher for me. Anyways, assuming the 6.6 will be reliable, it definitely looks worth the cost. Keeping posted!

@BensonYong I have just purchased 2 FSESC6, as a customer I would like to feedback that you Estore is well designed, thereā€™s even a message applet. But whatā€™s the point of having that and when I send it through email and I never gets a response? As I bought 2 of your FSESC6ā€™s and intends to use it as dual, i emailed to enquire if there Is any can bus cable comes with it but no response. You do sell them but only in bulk of 10ā€™s?? Iā€™m a user not a reseller, why do I need to buy 10?? So, if a customer were to buy 2 of the ecsā€™s, wonā€™t it be cool to just throw in a can bus connector? Maybe thatā€™s your practice but Iā€™m a first time customer, replying emails will be very much appreciated and will gain your business reputation and reliability on after sales confidence. Thatā€™s my 2 cents and oh by the way, that was not my only email, Iā€™ve sent before prior to my purchase and still I have not heard from you guys.

Hi,Spyke. We will reply you as soon as possible on the mail.