New VESC from China. Seems like not only Maytech is making VESC's now

Alright 6 hours later… Video finally finished uploading…

@EssEnn If you need help figuring out the how to install the bootloader, just watch the video. around 6min I think…

Video of issue:

2 Likes

try unplugging the sensors.

I have… no luck… Also the third one that was working yesterday stopped working today while in the middle of filming the video…

Have you tried without using the wizard? I’ve had the same problem before and set everything manually with no problems.

1 Like

I don’t like when people use me… I just prefer to be summoned…

15 Likes

Yup, no luck…

1 Like

@oriol360 Look like it is something to do with the sensor, have you try to manually configure it to be sensorless ?

Mmmmm, not without the sensor… I’ll try that now and let you guys know… brb

@JohnnyMeduse Well I’ll be damned… that’s it… Motor spins now without the sensor being connected… I haven’t seen or read anything about this before… anyway to fix this?

3 Likes

Now try to manually do the sensor detection? If that doesn’t work try it in FOC (sensor are sometime picky in BLDC)

Edit: If that still doesn’t work try @Ackmaniac tool…

1 Like

Thanks for that. I knew there would be an easy way! I will give it a go when I finish work in 8 LONG AND BLOODY HOURS…

1 Like

Little update. FW’s updated fine, got bullets on the ends. Just need to replace the ones on my motors (different size) and detect the motors and finish setting up the ESC’s. I will update once that is done but unfortunalty the boss has banned me from riding until Sunday so I will have to wait until then to have a test ride.

@JohnnyMeduse @EssEnn So it seems the sensor plug on these VESC is backwards. I was told this will be fixed for future batches… So for the current batch you have to swap you sensor wires around: FlipSky%20sensor%20fix

I did this and it’s working fine now… Kinda annoying but, for now at least it’s working and I don’t have dead ESC’s as I previously thought… I’ll finish setting up my board tonight with these, and take them for a ride tomorrow on BLDC. If all is well I’ll swap over to FOC and then Dual setups…

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback… I sure will will be useful for other :+1:

1 Like

lol that’s exactly what i suggested :rofl:

the real thing that tipped me (and probably @JohnnyMeduse) off was the unknown hall error in motor detection

1 Like

So they’re all working now ? Time to test that MF to the max.

@GrecoMan Bro my bad. IDK what I did the first time when I tested it without sensors… Probably too sleepy and didn’t flip from sensor to sensorless, been some long days in the office this week :sleeping:

2 Likes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIPSKY-FSVESC-V6-6-60A-ESC-with-Aluminium-Case-for-Electric-Skateboard-RC-E8Z0/253673753389?hash=item3b10224b2d:g:Ul8AAOSws-tbF5Fr

£115.90 shipped :no_mouth:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIPSKY-FSVESC-V4-50A-SK8-ESC-w-5V-1-5A-BEC-for-Electric-Skateboard-RC-Car-X1F5/282994340226?hash=item41e3c6f182:g:8LYAAOSwSK1bGjZW

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIPSKY-Anti-spark-Switch-for-RC-Drone-Car-Boat-DIY-Skateboard-E-Bike-W7D8/263741721558?hash=item3d683b4bd6:g:U2oAAOSwKwBbF8Zl

1 Like