New VESC from China. Seems like not only Maytech is making VESC's now

Lol so if you want to utilize the canbus and connect two of these, say goodbye to waterproof as you’ll have to remove the top center cover for both! Now that’s a gapping hole! :smile: Also right next to that is what appears to be several exhaust vents…

It looks pretty big or she has small hands… what are the dims? I take it this is supposed to be mounted externally with integral on off switch?

Where do you plug the receiver??? :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Inside those seal connector :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

just noticed, power switch on the side . . . .

If you mount 2 side by side you cant turn one on or off :laughing:

1 Like

Haha Omg I didn’t even consider that. I guess they figure you’d just flip one over, but then that makes running cables between the two a pain, lol. Not very well thought out… A dual case should be developed so they don’t require two on switches…

At least the vesc6 does not fry with canbus when one vesc is turned off… right?

Correct, isolated can tranciever is used in a true vesc 6 so it depends what IC they chose

Listed dimensions are 100×92.5x22 mm I think. For a dual motor drive thats a lot of real estate eaten up. For reference a focbox is somewhere around 60×65×25 mm (estimate). The unity dual motor driver we are making is roughly 110x70x20 mm and saves you some extra wiring space. Not sure of original vesc 6 dimensions?

That form factor makes it pretty much un usable for a dual street drive?

Just googled a regular skate deck is about 8" or 200mm wide. So a bit extra with a longboard deck probably. It might fit side by side but It wouldn’t be low profile once you add in a case etc and consider deck curvature as you move out from centerline. Suppose you might have to stack them vertically for a better fit.

Any news as to when that will be released? Rough estimates…? The Unity that is. Also, I’ve heard conflicting reports, is that an offshoot of the VESC 6 or what is it considered?

We are really pushing for ASAP. Fastest might be a few months until orders shipping.

Let me make this clear Taiwan is a provice of China just like HK

Completely correct!Taiwan is a provice of China just like HK.

The people of Taiwan and the UN would disagree.

On the whole products manufactured in Taiwan are of a higher quality than those in China, at least that has been my experience.

6 Likes

The relationship between taiwan and Mainland China should be determined by two governments, Not UN! And with all due respect, Not U. (FYI UN does not support taiwan as a country)This really pisses me off, U don’t wanna mess with Chinese people on the Taiwan problem. What would u feel if we support Hawaii to be a independent country?

1 Like

Man Calm Down!!! nobody really give a F**** about it. If you want to talk politic your not at the right place.

2 Likes

Two governments yeah right :smiley:

Sorry for off topic just wanted to point out that :wink:

1 Like

If a given group of people wanna be their own country I’m all for it. If Hawaii wants to succeed I say go for it. I’m a live and let live kinda guy.

The Taiwanese wanna be independent, the UN absokutly does recognize Taiwan as a nation, and I have an interest as I have family in Taiwan.

I find if you can control your emotions on a given topic you typically make better and more logical decisions and are better able to have a constructive discussion.

2 Likes

I agree with u. it is their right to be independent as a country, BUT not in my country’s land, go build your own country wherever u like, but not in Taiwan which belongs to China.:grinning:

1 Like