New VESC from China. Seems like not only Maytech is making VESC's now

I agree with u. it is their right to be independent as a country, BUT not in my country’s land, go build your own country wherever u like, but not in Taiwan which belongs to China.:grinning:

1 Like

Nice

So you don’t agree…

@moderators anyway this discussion can be split from this thread… it’s not that relevant. It’s the end all debate upon whom has sovereignty over whom.

Edit: PS. @mmaner I’m with you bro, if we can’t recognize Taiwan then none of the former SU satellites deserve sovereignty either , or hell , everything should belong to Mongolia :man_shrugging:t4:. But nonetheless the sovereignty (which that do cough cough) or non-sovereignty of Taiwan’s has nothing to do with VESC

1 Like

I don’t know what to tell you, it’s a done deal.

Your right, I’m happy to delete my comments. I’ve done a pretty good job of letting these things go lately, but this is one I feel strongly about as I have family there.

Regrardless it’s nothing to do with the topic at hand so Ill delete if I need too.

3 Likes

I wonder how these would run with the fets swapped out for the 1.2mohm rdson variant.

So these came in today… Will be testing these out for the next few weeks.

12 Likes

Nice ! Based on your first impressions, how’s the manufacture job?

its giant unfortunately. hope youll be testing the FOC out of it!

1 Like

It definitely feels super solid and heavy. It’s drenched in this white silicone for the water proofing, so I can’t really get it out of the case yet. After a few runs on it I’ll try to dig it out and see what it looks like without the case. Also looks like there is plenty of space in the case to stick in an HM-10 module. We’ll see how this goes. I’ll set it up later tonight and first test run will be tomorrow

4 Likes

@oriol360 when you get a chance can you post pics of the setup with this FSvesc… Just want to see how folks are setting it up, especially with the Bluetooth in the enclosure.

Placing an hm-10 inside a metal case will probably result in very spotty reception. Let us know how it goes!

Looks like the antispark switch is a port? Maybe it’s possible to order one without a switch a put one ours selves

So update on the FlipSky ESC So far… Not good.

1. They do not come with a bootloader… easily fixed with VESC Tool

2. Doesn’t actually work. All the setup goes through fine, I can run motor detection and see the controller effecting the duty cycle but no actually spinning on the motor… Really weird, never seen an issue like this before. Out of the 5 I got, 2 have this issue, 1 seems to be working fine, the last 2 I still haven’t tested. (Got pretty busy and annoyed with the first two…) I’ll be reaching out today too see what’s going on with these two so far. Will also try to make and post a video sometime of what’s going on… I don’t feel like I’m explaining it well.

3. @Deodand So far HM-10 does fit inside the case and works on the 10 ft away… I’ll walk away further next time :slight_smile:

@Jc06505n Power switch is soldered on and covered with silicon.

4 Likes

Given the 2 that is faulty out of the 5, the percentages not looking too good.

2 out of 3 at the moment it’s a disaster!

2 Likes

You’d think that they would at least cherry pick the first couple of orders to get a good rep for their new product.

To think that the QC is this bad from the very start is not a good sign. Hopefully, it’s an issue that is easily solved.

Keep is updated on their response times and offered solutions.

Well my 2 are probably waiting for me at the post office so I should have them later. BUTTT I got band practice so I’m not going to be able to play with them until Thursday.

Shame about the QC though.

@oriol360,

I just got mine, will I need an ST LINK V2 to install the bootloader?

If you do get it working, or dont get it working can you post a quick clip of it in action. Would be great to see anything on this product from the hands of a DIY member.

Got back form band practice and opened them up.

Yes, they are friggin’ massive, the case feels solid in the hand and fits together really well. I will have a play with a receiver and BT module tomorrow and see what I can fit inside.

Same insides as @oriol360 with the white goo every where but hey, I will deal with that if they make a dual case.

Plugged a 4S lipo and the vesc tool and both have FW 3.37 installed, bootloader etc. One problem, I can’t update the FW’s using the VESC tool or Ackmaniac’s tool. Uploads all good, but shows the same FW when it re-boots.

That’s as far as I have gotten. I need to go to bed but I will solder some bullets on the then and see if I can get though the setup tomorrow afterwork.

1 Like