New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

I just found this https://github.com/Ackmaniac/bldc

It’s a good news to maintain the compatibility with this FW. I’ll publish a new version of the app with 3.100 compatibility.

1 Like

@RiGo do you want to join the beta program ? I’m producing a new beta compatible with the 3.100 version, and I would like you to validate it. If you’re ok, can you send me your email by private message ?

Just installed the beta. I’ll do some tests later today and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Ok, I’ve added support for 3.100 and 3.30

I want to try out the beta program lol. And are you thinking of adding motor detection in the app anytime?

Send me your email by private message. I’m not thinking in adding motor detection to the app. The app is focused on “everyday” settings. Generally, motor detection need to be done just one time, and I’m ok to use my computer for that.

Everything seems to be working 100%.

Could I suggest some new features?

1. The ability to create and save configuration profiles.
  2. The ability to edit the throttle curve
  3. The ability to save the configuration to both VESCs automatically on a dual VESC setup without having to manually choose CAN forwarding.

Thanks for a great app! Now I don’t have to carry around an extra Android phone!

Hi, My vesc firmware is 3.30. but this app say “Unsupported version” Does this app really support 3.30 or only beta version can support ?

Yes the new version supporting 3.30 and 3.100 isn’t public yet. It’ll be online in a week, buf you can join the beta program to get the next version earlier. This will help me to validate the version as well. If you are ok, send me your email by private message.

the app looks great!

i’ll be getting a bt module in a few days so if you need another beta tester i’m here :wink:

This is awesome. I’ve always wanted something where I can remotely change VESC settings. I’m assuming I will need an HM-10 module for each vesc? I’m running split ppm…also n00b quesion wiring wise, is there are cable with JST I’m supposed to use or am I suppose to just solder on wires?

Just ordered 4 HM-10!

If you use CAN connection, you just need one HM-10. For JST I bought this a couple of month ago: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/20-SETS-JST-PH-2-0MM-7-Pin-Male-Female-Connector-plug-with-Wires-Cables-/232251288954?hash=item3613416d7a

It’s perfect for the BT module

1 Like

Nothing to test right now. The App is under Apple validation process, and will be published very soon. Let me know, what do you think about the app.

1 Like

cool.

was suprised how cheap the app was!

1 Like

Will it suppor ackmaniac software ? This might have been already answered.

it says it in the title lol

1 Like

:wink: got the app already ! Great work !

1 Like

Thanks! I actually already have a bunch of those connectors!

The new version is now online for everybody. It’s now supporting the new ackmaniac FW v3.100 and the new official VESC FW 3.30. Enjoy !

1 Like

I’m trying to connect to the Bluetooth module I got from @rpasichnyk, but I am stuck with the app saying ‘Getting Version’. Has anyone’s else tried to connect to his module?