New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

Are you constantly writing settings when you are testing this?

Read one vesc and check vesc id if it is 0 or 1. Then check the other vesc for the id.

You could have written both vescs with the same id. This can cause only one motor to work.

Otherwise just contact enertion support via message on the website.

No I am not writing any settings anymore. Sometimes the focbox has the power and signal light on, but 90% of the time not after turning it off and on again. The master (I presume the one with the ppm sinal going to the receiver) has both lights working at all times.

I can’t think of anything else then except for the rapid blinking light which can be a low voltage error.

Check with enertion support. They are quick to respond and will ask for videos.

thanks very much with the help! Will make contact with support

Edit, maybe I missed it but the red light seems to blinking also

Edit - support has told me that my issues are likely to be caused by different firmware versions on both of the vesc-x’s. I try and flash them to the same correct version later today.

1 Like

hey @emmaanuel just another app suggestion. If you could please add lifetime miles to the readings that would be awesome. This would enable us users to see ho much time between wheels, pulleys, belts and all those sorts of things. Asides from that, great app and It’s worth every penny.

1 Like

After a teamview session with Enertion support - (TNX Eric) I was informed that one focbox shuts off below a certain battery percentage/voltage. To save battery or the load on the battery.

I was arround that percentage when testing and that’s why sometimes one motor would spin and the other time not.

So it was a feature and not a bug :grimacing:

Edit: after extensive testing through team viewer with Enertion support en multiple ride sessions spread over a few days. One hub still seems te be failing at low battery percentage and no clear reason has been found. I’m sure of one thing and that is that this app hasn’t been the culprit of my problems.

1 Like

Hey. Just got my Raptor2 and was told I could adjust my “Riding Modes” on iOS with your App, hence the purchase.

After having read thru the thread, wondering if you’re going to be updating with ability to change Acceleration curve and saving riding profiles.

Also, is there any videos etc on how to use the app?

Here is the IOS app links and details: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-version-2-1-ios-eskate-vesc-app-for-standard-and-ackmaniac-fw/32340

Please note it’s on Beta testing and is not official Enertion’s app

3.38 support added.

1 Like

My bluetooth died so :smiley:

Support for ACK 3.101 added !

2 Likes

It works well. Thanks.

Awesome work. I just updated to ACK 3.1!

I finally gave up on trying to connect the app to two separate HM10s because of split PPM, so back to canbus and just one module now…So how do I change the settings in both vescs? Like if I changed my Motor Max from 40 to 50 and click upload, how do I confirm if it changed it on both vescs?

Hi,

You have to use the “can forward” option to indicate what VESC you are modifying.

So turn it on and change for Slave “1” then update? Do I keep that can forward option on all the time or is that just when I make changes?

When the option is not enabled, the app communicate with the vesc where the BT module is plugged. When the option is enabled, the app communicate to the VESC corresponding with the ID.

So it depends on what you want to see or modify.

1 Like

Coddyyyy have you bought the chip you send a link off i bought it but doesnt work does it work at your end?

Hey @emmaanuel, I bought the app, I’ve got this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGZB2N4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 module, however, is stuck at “Getting version”, I’ve sent the debug, any idea what could it be? I’ve also tried the default band rate and the 9600 one.

@emmaanuel Ack 3.102 was released :grimacing:

Hi, Be sure you have uart+ppp in your vesc setup.