New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

This is all i need? Because i already checked my junk-folder:/

If you open the mail app on your iPhone what do you see?

If it’s anything like my account you should see 50000 unread emails😩. If it’s asking you to setup an email account, that’s what you’ll have to do.

Many bills, no recorded data.

1 Like

When you stop the recording of the session by pressing again the “rec” button , do the app open an prefilled email ?

Hey when the new version is going to be released?

Hi @Kug3lis. I’m on holiday right now. I’ll push the last fw compatibiiity within 10 days. Sorry about that, I’ll thing in a modification to do this kind of modification remotely. Until then you can downgrade to 3.37

No, it doesn‘t anything.

Weird. The app launch the default iOS mail app. Be sure you are not using microsoft live app (or similar).

Ackmaniac firmware 3.101 was also released. But I want you enjoy your holiday.

Thanks @Parkman. I’ll add it too.

Android VESC monitor has the ability to access the modes setting. Apparently the Raptor 2 has 4 modes from the factory. Any chance you can add the ability to view and switch modes in the future?

https://www.electric-skateboard.club/t/enertion-raptor-2-shipment-discussion/428/1167?u=nummthumz

Hi @NummThumz. For what I understand, the android app use only the ackmaniac FW. This FW have a little ack to allow switch mode. In the actual official Vesc FW , the switch mode is not possible. If somebody want to add it, it’ll be great. For the iOS app I try to make generic fonction, because a lot of users doesn’t use the ackmaniac FW. For this reason, the switch mode still in the 1st rank of my todo, but I’m waiting a fw enhancement for this.

glad to hear that it is on the list. Just got the app this week and like it a lot. Thanks for taking the time to keep improving it!

What’s the latest ack fw supported?

Edit: looked on the App Store page and it’s 3.100

Any idea when 3.101 will be supported?

Thanks!

I just downloaded this app and used it to change some values on my Raptor 2.

I set the teeth and pulley to 1 and 1 because I have a hub. I set the wheel diameter to 90 mm I set the poles pairs number to 28 for the correct speed

I set the motor max 60>80 for higher acceleration I set the motor min -45>-60 for stronger braking I didn’t change the battery settings, eRPM max or the max Watt

I have some questions: Do my amp settings translate to what I am trying to achieve? Do I need change the other settings to accomodate the higher amps? The throttle curve isn’t changed right? I can only do that with the Android app or FOCBOX BLDC TOOL WIN/MAc software. The slow mode on my remote halves my values and can’t be customized, right?. What happens when I set the amps to 200 max?

I uploaded the settings, took the screenshots after turning my board off.

Edit: went ahead and set the amps to 30 max and -10 and the motor min to -50 because I found these settings for the Pro mode on the android app. Whats happens when I go beyond these settings?

After reading some more, I changed settings to motor Min -65 and battery max 35 so it’s actually more powerful than the default R-spec mode. I’m not sure what to do with the Max Watt

I’m on holiday for one week. I’ll add compatibility when I’m back. You can use 3.100.

No rush, thanks man

After uploading new settings to my Raptor 2 I can confirm the settings work. After turning off my Raptor 2 and turning it back on again however. My Raptor 2 won’t respond to my remote. Turning on and off my remote and Raptor 2 won’t help.

I managed a temporary fix by using the Android app to set one of the 4 standard modes, the board instantly responds to my remote again.

After turning my Raptor 2 off and on again the board won’t work anymore. Probably because the Android app can’t override the standard R-spec.

Someone know a way to fix this? Probably worth a bug report too.

I’m willing to test and provide any data I have available.

Edit: Managed to find the write feature (set as standard mode) in the Android app and now my board works fine again. I think the eskate vesc app might cause throttle input not to work anymore after uploading and restarting the board. Or possibly a failed upload?

Hi, Can you send me the debug logs after you try to push the new config ? Can you also send me the new settings you are trying to upload? Thanks !

Tried to reproduce the error. The first couple of times the board would just stay working. After setting the amps to a max of 2 (to confirm settings were being written) the throttle started behaving weird : https://we.tl/sme1Vz3paR

I tried using the ‘Send debug info’s’ but nothing happens.

After this I set it back to 80 amps and turned by board on and off again, now just one motor spins when I hit the accelerator full speed. After turning it on and off again now only one motor spins while bobbling alot. Turning it on and off again leaves me with one motor spinning smoothly again.

I will go ahead and use the Android counterpart again to fix it. Edit: tried using the android counterpart with the same settings and now just one motor spins. Is this a hardware issue?

Edit after turning it on and off again for a few times both motors work again, and after doing that again one motor works and so on. Can I write this off as a hardware issue, is it maybe shorting comewhere for this randomn bahaviour?

It looks like I’ve lost control over 1 motor, can’t get it to spin up anymore.

Opened it up, one vesc has the power light ON and the signal light ON. The other one has a blinking power light.