New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

high.

It appears to be off by 20mph. Its recording 35mph on the app and the GPS speed is 15mph.

You’ll need to change the pole pair amount. Try 14 and see if that works.

1 Like

14 is default. try 7.

Oh I thought default was 7. If it says you’re going really fast then the VESC is picking up a high erpm when it thinks there’s only 14 poles. Try 28.

1 Like

he should really just GPS, not the vesc.

Hey this is awesome! ~e~ stupid me problem solved

1 Like

R2 motors has 28 poles, 14 pole pairs

1 Like

Did you try 28 instead of 14?

Or 1:2 gear ratio and just half of wheel diameter?

@Nordle If you did both those that would be 1/4 of what it is now.

Just saying because some1 sayd it bugs with 1:1 ratio

woops, you are right, I did count the stator…

my bad…

1 Like

How does the app connect to Apple Watch when Bluetooth is connected to the vesc? If you were to implement the Watch app counterpart.

iPhone can connect to several BT device at the same time. For the iWatch I’m on it, but I need to find a friend with an iWatch to test it before pushing a beta …

Support to FW 3.35 added.

2 Likes

Hello guys :wave: Your app is great emmaanuel. Thank you very much. Can you tell me please when it shows me for example -15,8A breakcurrent on a dual settup. Is this value per Vesc or already calculated over canbus together from both hub motors flowing back to the battery. Thank you :pray:t3:

Just tried this with my NRF51 bluetooth module and it worked :+1:. FW 3.35, VESC 6.

Would be a bit nicer if it simply saved the file to iCloud/dropbox for me. I don’t use the built in mail app. Better still use the iOS share/action sheet and let the user decide where they want to put the file.

Just came to say thanks for the app, I couldn’t connect to the module and it ended up being the baud rate in the bdlc tool. Set Uart to 9600.

Saving is not working on a cheap hm-10 module but I am running 2.18 firmware, I may upgrade

Well I upgraded to 3.35 and I can now write settings over Bluetooth. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Luke23. It’s a value from the VESC you are connected to.

1 Like