New user looking for battery? Read this - COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH OF BATTERIES

Just buy these: https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-30q-18650-3000mah-15a-battery/

At least you know they are legit. So what if you have to pay $1 more per cell. It’s not worth the risk to save $50 bucks or less when you might end up burning your house down or in the best bad case, wasting your money.

Hello I am a new user so I am sorry if this is not the right place. I have a meepo v3 and I am looking to build a 10s3p battery with the Samsung 40T

I am looking for a BMS and as I am pretty knew to this I want to make sure it will work with the existing ESC. I can figure the pin outs but I would like to keep the features the board already has. I have some experience with soldering batteries from rc helicopters but I feel out of my depth here. I am excited to learn but I need some help.

This is… EXACTLY the explanation I have been searching months for. Thank you dedicating your time to putting this together!

1 Like

first off, thank you guys for being so comprehensive here.

I’m wanting to switch from lipo to lion for my next build but I’ve never used lion cells before…

Can I get someone’s opinion on this?

its for a mountain board with two 6374’s and a unity supposedly delivering 75a to each under peak acceleration but the ebay listing says its peak discharge is a worrying 30 amps. I’m ready to buy two of these for 10s10p which should be more than plenty right?

p.s. I read this thread 100% so anything mentioned about sag is clear to me but feel free to elaborate, I also know is hella china brand but if there are major concerns lmk please

@dildoritos 500W X 2 is no good. U want at least 60-80Amps for mountainboard, if not all 100+ to really feel power, in my opinion.

Aim for 2+ KW power. For li-ion thats a lot of cells in parallel.

60Amp pack at 30A sags a lot, so best to use 1/5th or 1/4th of max amps or so

5p for 14ah would give 2.8ah, i think 10A at best for such cell, so in theory best would be to use only 2A x 5 = 10A

360W x 2 isnt much, would say at least 4 such packs would be ok for power hungry board

Otherwise u get cruiser which carries u around with 800W of sustained power but is capped to do more.

Personal opinion from running 3 setups so i might not be best source but ask around

Thank you very much for the explanations. Seems like I got the wrong battery …

Do I have to specify the “Max Current” [Battery Current Max] for the 12S2P Samsung 30Q battery as 15A in the VESC tool/app (https://vesc-project.com/node/938) if it is connected to 2 VESCs (see picture below)?

What should I input as “Min Current” [Battery Current Regen]?

Thanks a lot!

could you post a link for a li-ion battery with enough juice that wont break the bank?

my fallback plan is a couple of these which I know will work but range won’t be all I desire

Well im in search for such ready made battery as well. Chinese seem to offer up to 2kw of power for higher end ebike builds but havent really tested these.

AERDU 36V 10S4P 12.8Ah For LGEBMH11865 13ah 12ah with 25A BMS 42V lithium battery pack ebike electric car bicycle motor scooter

2x of these would give low end - medium performance.

But range would be more

So it depends are u after range or power more Also if u are for it in long run, might as well order custom made one.

Though these chinese made packs could be a gamble, wires are rather thin on these and wouldnt compare to lipo pack

– 48V 20AH Battery 36V Ebike Battery 1500W electric bike battery 52V battery for Bike 30AH 25A 35A 45A BMS APP Powerful Customized

If they could do 44V and higher discharge might be good, but yeh if u got money might as well find someone in usa.

44V because ebike run 48v but that is too high for vesc in most cases, though some do 13s but on street boards i think

I have the Outstorm longboard which came with a 42v Lion battery. I get about 6 miles out of it and I would like to triple that. My friends can go 20 miles at similar speed on their scooters. Would anyone recommend a battery that I can purchase? I will wire and mount it myself.