New TB110 Really Big Wheels

As @Battosaii said, contact patch…

I am pretty sure the kegel core is smaller too, which…

someone tell me if they agree, but I feel like the 110mm wheels are noticably (significantly) softer feeling ride than 74A 107mm flywheels, I am guessing because of the smaller core/more urethane between core and road.

4 Likes

It does have a weakness, in that you can always increase the motor pulley size in order to adjust the ratio, but often you can’t reduce the number of teeth, and also larger tooth counts are less prone to skipping. So 40T wheel pulley puts you the middle of the adjustability zone instead of on one extreme end of it. It is objectively “better”, even if you use it at the same gearing ratio.

2 Likes

I have both. I much prefer the TB110 to the SuperFly and I ride both pretty much daily.

3 Likes

Not a good enough reason to just blatently say one gear ratio is perfect for everyone and every board. Whats good for you is not good for me. Ive been running abecs with 38-29t and soon ill try out a 23t wheel pulley. For me 32t is a sweet spot on my 4wd lots of torque and decent top speed.

In fact ive used my 6 shooters with 16/42t gear ratio on 4wd and it still pulls my fat ass up a dirt hill with ease, i had traction problems on steep inclines on grass at the park but dirt and gravel np!

Either way 40t would not work for me because i want to stay on the board when i touch the throttle.

1 Like

I gave multiple good reasons, the only reasons you gave are specific to you. You are trolling.

For 97mm wheels, MOST PEOPLE should probably use 36T and for 110mm wheels, MOST PEOPLE should probably use 40T pulley.

Are you happy now?

1 Like

Will these work with regular trucks that are not modified.

@torqueboards my wheels came all way to Hong Kong in only a week. Thanks! USPS tracking these days is really good too.

Photo%20Apr%2009%2C%201%2033%2040%20PM

Photo%20Apr%2009%2C%201%2034%2020%20PM

Photo%20Apr%2009%2C%201%2031%2040%20PM

Photo%20Apr%2009%2C%201%2029%2049%20PM

Photo%20Apr%2009%2C%201%2032%2042%20PM

Really Big Wheels. Yes.

I can confirm all mine have the large holes on the inside / pulley side. They start at 6.2mm then taper down to 5.5 ish somewhere near the front.

I am frantically trying to design a pulley to print so I can ride these ASAP. 6900 bearing setup for surfrodz.

11 Likes

Make the prongs 5.6mm diameter and 20mm long, solid metal, and it will fit very well.

@irdesigns nice mud guards … do you ride in the wet a lot? Do they work well?

1 Like

LRdesigns it should be. :arrow_up_small:

Yeah if its raining I will still ride to work. More often it has just rained and the road is really wet so it stops the up spray. In summer in Hong Kong it rains a lot, we get tropical storms, monsoon rain and typhoon rain.

Now I need to make new ones to fit these big wheels.

4 Likes

@lrdesigns my bad haha … I personally had some issues with water on roads lately not rain but sprinklers wetting the road … mate and I on similar boards went through the wet road and it sprayed our motors and both of us had the magnet retaining rings come loose. I assumed it was due to the motor can being hot and the water cooling them rapidly was annoying as had to stop ride early … was thinking if the mudguards would help keep the water off the motors or not haha mine are mounted underneath…

@torqueboards thanks Dexter for the haul can’t wait to ride on the new wheels sadly your 6374 motors betrayed me again yesterday and threw another magnet retainer ring mid commute had to get an Uber to the office… I have stripped the motor down and fixed the loose magnets and used ring and used some loctite 648 to glue back in place. Hopefully stays put this time makes me sad having to do walk of shame carrying the board busted … I know flipsky had similar issues but have updated their design I am wondering if you have done similar?

Wheel comparison is tb97mm vs new 110’s chalk and cheese difference between them… really can’t wait to ride them. image image

3 Likes

image image image

15 Likes

I’m still getting used to the look. In photos they don’t look that crazy but in real life they look like friggen go cart tires.

I think they really accentuate the shape of my deck though. Looks racey now. :racing_car:

4 Likes

image image image

@lrdesigns I haven’t gotten mine on road yet how you liking the ride?

6 Likes

Soft and smooth obviously. My knees and feet are happier.

Much much more grip especially over high frequency bumps like blind person tiles or man hole covers. There is one spot on my commute where I am turning at medium speed and have to go over the blind person tiles mid corner, I used to loose all traction and do a little drift mid corner. But these still have some grip and not much vibration makes it though to the deck. :+1:

I feel much safer with the additional grip.

I bit of wheel bite when doing U-turns which I need to sort out.

9 Likes

How long did that belt last and which brand was it and how did it snap throttle wise?

I second @lrdesigns … took board for first ride makes bad paths sooo smooth where my board used to vibrate and hammer me… it’s soft and smooth… time will tell on durability as long as weather holds I should have at least 100-200km on them by end of next week which will be a good start for them :slight_smile:image

7 Likes

About 2km under hard breaking due to a worn out motor pulley. Makes a good belt cutter! :angry:

2 Likes

79422C52-DF9B-419E-8E6C-3F9B743DAAA1

7 Likes