New TB110 Really Big Wheels

Or you can make the spoke longer that go thru the other side of the core. That could be easier, but I don’t know if that is strong enough.

1 Like

Always 12s. I run 36t on my 107s never had a complaint i doubt another 4mm wont make a noticable difference

Thats a good idea, should be strong enough with Nylonx filament

1 Like

You’ll want a larger belt, not necessarily a smaller pulley. I had to put 280’s on, replacing my 265’s when I moved from my Caguamas to 107’s. For my 20T gears, I’ll be sporting 195mm belts. I’m using the latest @torqueboards mounts and 16Tx36T

2 Likes

I can send you a cad drawing of what I made tomorrow morning. You can adjust the prongs easily that way

3 Likes

Thank you! That would be awesome.

1 Like

5.6mm diameter, 20mm length. Also you want at least 40 teeth if it’s HTD5M

1 Like

I found out today you can contact @marcmt88 for pulleys and get 40t 20mm wide kegel cored pulleys made.

Those aren’t metal last I heard.

No, POM I think but they’re super strong and reliable.

1 Like

Every seller will say that about the product they sell. I would recommend metal.

1 Like

Why 40t? If i was stuck to that gear ratio id never buy these wheels. I dont understand the reason.

Some say reinforced nylon is a better material. Its strong and self lubricates so they last longer than aluminum pullies.

1 Like

Bigger diameter wheels means a lower gearing ratio gives you the same torque curve as something like a 100mm wheel.

Each revolution of the wheel covers more ground distance when the diameter of the wheel is larger.

2 Likes

I understand how gearing works what i dont understand is why you would say 40T+ only. It sounded like you were insinuating that a lower tooth count had some type of weakness because of size. If its just an opinion about torque feel then you underestimate my board 36t on 107s on my set up is almost too much torque to handle. 32T will lessen the torque a bit and give me the top end i want because i do like to ride fast.

3 Likes

I ride my 107s with 15/32, 10S… Maybe the 10S is key here, any more than 32T and it’s too slow. Torque is greeeat with 15/32. I used to run 20/32 until the aluminum pulleys wore out. I think 18/32 would be my ideal ratio… At 10S at least.

1 Like

Ive been running 16/36 on 107s 4wd on 12s i got plenty of torque.

Trying to give my board new shiny 110mm shoes.

2 Likes

I wonder, will the 110s be any different than 107s? Anyone has both and can compare?

3mm difference

5 Likes

In diameter there isnt much of a difference but the 110s are much wider than the 107s i believe the wider contact patch will make the wide smoother.

2 Likes