New TB110 Really Big Wheels

8 Likes

flames not big enough

maybe you can melt the urathane and make them into a new wheel? @ZachTetra

^and change the color?

3 Likes

Yeah, great companies, great wheelsā€¦ but they always manage to shot themselfs on the foot. They donā€™t seem to realize which market they are on. Poor color choosing. Really bad. :roll_eyes:

What are you talking about? I love my piss colored caguamas

1 Like

nah i love my baby colored kegals even more bro, they look like black wheels afterwards which i love

2 Likes

Then, lets dance like possessed indians around a bonfire and cheer for the cake rainbow festival!!

:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Iā€™m all for brightly-colored wheels, but I also like black. No reason to diss; thereā€™s something for everyone.

6 Likes

Yeah, off course. This is just for fun. Also liked TB 110 black as their first choice. Next one should follow that trend (hopefully @torqueboards will come back to his senses a chose a stealth scheme :yum:)

1 Like

Got mine today. They are MASSIVE. I really want to test them out. But I have clearance issues now, which was kind of expected. The picture is shitty, but you can kind of see the retaining screw touching the wheel.

IMG_20190403_194416

Anybody know what pulley size I should get so I can move the motor further away from the wheel?

1 Like

Use a 280mm belt.

6 Likes

Same size pulley but get a longer belt.

Or try flipping the motor pulley and adding some spacers to the axle.

Or find a pulley that does not have the collar on the end. But uses grub screws in the teeth.

6 Likes

It looks like the collar fits. While waiting on new belts you could pick up 4 short grub screws from your local hardware store so you donā€™t have the protruding bolts in the meantime.

4 Likes

Thanks guys! I meant belt and not pulley, sorry about that. Iā€™ll try to get a 280mm belt. I believe the one I have is 265mm.

The grub screw idea is really neat too! But I donā€™t like having the wheel that close to the motor pulley, if anything gets loose or something gets caught in there, itā€™ll end with my face on the ground.

2 Likes

Lots of things can cause streetface, but having the motor pulley right next to the wheel (1mm or more) seems to be harmless in my experience.

1 Like

Just printed a test pulley for my set up and feels a bit loose i think all 8 of my cores are flipped cause its loose on all 8 wheels.

What thickness do the prongs need to be again to fix this?

20190408_190513 20190408_191225

I know 5.4mm is for sure loose on flipped core. 5.6mm would be a good fit if I remember right.

1 Like

How many teeth are on that bad boy? You planning on breaking a land speed record? :smiley:

4 Likes

Lol 32t im going to run that on my 4wd board and 36t on my dual board im working on.

Going to try to adjust the stl im not very good at that but cant be too hard lol

12s? Iā€™m running 107ā€™s on 36t 10s at the moment and the lack of torque is painful :frowning:

1 Like