[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

The forum already has helped by an earlier question I asked about the speed controller, plus of course, the calculators. Thank you all.

One thing I forgot to mention. I am CTO for a company that builds in orbit deployable antennas for satellites. We have a prototype lab open to all employees off hours - all we have to do is provide our own raw materials. I have access to lathe, CNC, several 3D printers, etc. Plus I design motor-driven mechanisms for a living.

2 Likes

Then you should be good, theres a few CAD files out there on https://grabcad.com that might help you out.

Almost everything could be made using CNC machines

1 Like

The goal is to convert my pantheon ember mini cruiser with speedvents 85mm to an EBoard. Working on building a solid works file for a Seismic Speed vent pulley.

2 Likes

Ive got one designed if you need help lmk

1 Like

Honestly Ive never used Solidworks before, would it be possible for me to see your file, if you donā€™t mind. To give me a basis to go off of.

1 Like

ill pm you later

2 Likes

Rad! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi peopleā€¦ new member from Switzerland, in the past i made Electric Bikes with up to 20s/5kW. Now i have a small startup which is doing some prototyping, as i was browsing youtube i found the idea of an transportable ā€œminicarā€ (Longboard/Skateboard) with motors a very good idea. So im currently building a board with Dual Hubs for starting. I have a CNC Mill,Solidworks/cam,3d Printer and Battery Welderā€¦ my plan is also to build something from Carbon Fiber and Quad Drives. :wink:

5 Likes

Hi everybody! Iā€™m electric skateboard user and Iā€™m planing to mod my board. Iā€™m here to get all necessary information as this forums seems to be best place for that :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi there! Im a product design student currently working on building a electric skateboard which converts into a scooter. The forum so far has been very helpful and kind, thanks for the big library of knowledge/resources and awesome community!

3 Likes

Hey all, Iā€™m Paul! Former downhill longboarding speed addict. I hung up my slide gloves for mostly flatland distance skating when I moved to the Sacramento valley 8 years ago but Iā€™ve been itching for that speed fix ever since. Iā€™m on the finishing stages of my first mountain board build with a MBS Leon Robbins pro 100, Unity, dual 6374 motors, and a 12s6p battery. Iā€™ve got a 14 tooth motor pulley and 72 tooth wheel pulley because I was hoping for some solid Hill climb ability as well as the speed and distance. Huge thanks to this forum and all the regulars. I had no idea how to do any of this when I started but did a boat load of reading and taking notes. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s still a lot to learn too.

6 Likes

Let me see that deck! Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve seen one ā€œin personā€

Oh also, welcome!

2 Likes

Haha, this oneā€™s been stored away in my closet for the last 8 years like a time capsule.

20190407_173601 20190407_173331

Also, thanks!

7 Likes

Nice looking builds

1 Like

Screenshot_20190408-063404 One is the loneliest number that there ever was. Two can be as bad as one but the loneliest number is the number one tenor

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I am writing from Italy, I am a super noob in the skate world and even more in that of esk8.

From the first day I saw a mountain esk8 on youtube I was kidnapped and I canā€™t think of anything else! So here I am to expose those millions of doubts that run through my head.

3 Likes

1 Like

Ah ah ah ah ah Fantastico!!!

1 Like

Hello everybody!

Never ridden a skateboard before, but always dreamed of it. Iā€™m only in the thinking stages right now, but I would love to eventually DIY a cheap, but upgrade-able board. Iā€™ve seen plenty of Instructables, but only recently stumbled into these forums, so I have a lot of reading to do :smiley:

Eventually I would like to use an esk8 for my daily commute, but Iā€™m currently 20 miles from work, so Iā€™ll move first. Iā€™m likely to be more interested in building than riding, but weā€™ll see. (Iā€™m only 100 lbs, so Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be flying) Also, Iā€™m a programmer and own a 3D printerā€¦ for fun

-Seadoggie

2 Likes

Great to have you here! This is a tried and true, cheap, quality build thatā€™s great for an intro.

5 Likes