[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Man, I tried on Mikes TSG and didn’t love it. I want to order a New Olders soon.

4 Likes

Probably somthing wrong with your head…

1 Like

The gt2b is a good one. Reliable and cheap. If you don’t like the size there are a lot of mods to make a smaller version out if it. If you need any help just let me know.

1 Like

Agreed.

However it was mostly that weird chin pad thing

1 Like

Yes it’s annoying but you can take it out. It’s fixed with velcron only.

1 Like

Does the helmet “sit well” on your head without?

Im about to get a new olders to replace my ruroc, i just gotta make up my mind with the colors.

Also stay away from ruroc

1 Like

Mini Remote all day. Also will bind multiple receivers.

1 Like

Now yes. I first choose the wrong size but now it’s perfect even without that chin buffer thing.

1 Like

Hi, fellow builders, I’m from South Africa and have an old MBS Core mountain board for which I plan to convert to electric and commute to work. I’m a mechanical design engineer and use SolidWorks and would love to help other builders on the forum with CAD or design parts. Above mentioned board will be my first build ever so I would appreciate advice and ideas from anyone.

3 Likes

Hey. So how far do you need to travel? Many hills?

For South Africa @brenternet can give you some good tips. In general look that you order from as less places as possible to save on shipping which can easily add up to 30%+ of the build price on top. Hobbyking is a good source for lot of things you will need.

1 Like

Is 8 days later the thread…? How did I end up here? Thanks, I need to commute 26km (13km to work)

Nice to meet you! I’m an MBS deck user as well (colt 90 constellation) and a solidworker as well. Happy to help. May I suggest starting a build thread to get more rapid and accurate feedback on your project?

So I just figured out how to find the bottom of a 1515 thread post lol. So hello esk8 fam my names Jrod and from The Deserts of Southern California is where I rest and ride. I have a wife a 3 kids. The kids longboard and the adults EBoard. We call it eboarding generally because ESk8ing is illegal here but as recently redefined EMBoarding(electric motorized board) is not. I used to skate and BMX back in the HS days(05). I never new about longboarding till I moved to the mountains years ago (2013) for a job and seen the culture, but I moved backed down to the desert and there just wasn’t a place for that out here. 5-6 years later I discovered that there is something and that’s it’s all my youth (Skate, Off road, BMX, RC, building something from nothing, tinkering) into one. I first built an ebike out of a drill motor and duct tape, maybe a few screws and pieces of wood(wish I had pics of that). I eventually baught a diy kit for it… but it was just a lil fun. After that I baught a Revel Drive kit for $800 with a magnito deck and I was hooked. I of course needed another and built an AWD Revel that gave me the experience that I needed to know what is best for the desert and me. Their system is pretty much perfect for the SF, SD, or just about any major city area, and for the most part works just fine on these sidewalks and bikeways. But as an off roading nut I must have more. Revel is in works of building something AT but I haven’t seen it yet. Since I started riding this last year, I’ve lost 30lbs just from getting out and riding 5+miles a day. Im about 230 now, which is why I went Revel, simply put revel provided a system that was weighted for 265, and in just about two and half months I lost a bunch of weight. Seeing how they aren’t releasing an off road version and seeing how my Family has really gotten into the sport of longboarding and cruising, my wife is letting me build my own. Checking my Google news feed is what led me to this group so I’m blessed for that. Our diy system is in the works and a prototype should be on its way soon. We are very excited to be apart of the ESk8ing community and can’t wait to be showing up to the events around the globe. Stay safe and stay quick. :peace_symbol:IMG_20190128_215728743 IMG_20190119_202349381_HDR IMG_20190119_202516496

3 Likes

Nice to meet you man! Too bad that profile name is just 1 off :wink: good to have you here.

It takes a min to roll the blunt lol

3 Likes

Hi, I just joined because I need advice building a esk8 board. Ive been pushing on my longboard for 2 years and am currently living in South Korea. I ordered a AILERON 121c deck and will use it as a base for the build.

Im having a hell of a time finding a battery store to purchase samsung batteries. The best results ive been able to find is through google (where to purchase 18650 battery in korea). Also, im not sure if the 18650 is the best battery to buy, because of the higher mAH and amperage in the 21700. I will have limited space with this deck, so any guidance pointing me in the right direction for purchasing and a specific battery type would be appreciated.

For the ESC, is the standard a vsec, or is the FOXBOX better because of its plug n play ability?

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome! You can use the search function to find multiple discussions about which cells are the best, same about advantage/disadvantages of different cell sizes. There are multiple vesc designs available, which one you choose is up to your budget and requirements of your build. No one of them is a plug and play. Also not focbox/focbox unity

1 Like

I did, and there is too much information. Someone says the 18650 are best because of their production standards and reliability, another says the 27100 are better and newer but dont have the same output, or reliability so I cannot make a clear decision.

The requirements were already stated. I have a smaller deck, so that means I can only fit so many cells (as many as possible) and a esc. Changing the wheels, motors, trucks, receiver or anything else would be second.