[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Im not knocking the diy kit. But i wouldn’t trust those trucks at your weight. I snapped a set at 200lbs. Welcome to the money pit lol IMG_20180721_023407_475

2 Likes

thanks for your input. any suggestions on trucks to look at? and :open_mouth::neutral_face::astonished::sob:

I replace mine with surfrodz. But they are high end. $100+ and you still need mounts. Im not 100% sure if the motors in the 10s5p kit will fit on caliber trucks. If not than TB 218 trucks will work. By replacing the trucks in that kit. Youll need to replace your mounts and probably belts too.

1 Like

Okay noted! This is going to be my first diy kit ever. so i am planning on learning with this kit. I know only that i cant keep spending until i really get a feel for it. I will DEF keep my eyes peeled for any signs of weakening or cracking in the powdercoating. Cheers!

2 Likes

looking at this picture makes me envision you flying off the board doing like 20mph wondering whose dog you just ran over :rofl::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I was going about 20mph. I kinda felt it coming. Didn’t crash really. Ran it off, but my back was pissed for a week.

1 Like

im glad you didnt wipe! Ive seen some horrible outcomes. and im 250 :anguished: going to have to starting thinking about these things before they happen to prevent downtime

1 Like

Definitely get a helmet. I’ve skated my entire life and haven’t started wearing a helmet until esk8. Its needed.

2 Likes

first order i placed before the kit :slight_smile: you are 100% right. helmets are a must!

1 Like

I would highly avoid the kit

1 Like

any reason for that?

There’s a few reasons. If you can cancel the order do it and then thank me later when I explain why

Firstly

2 Likes

thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

And the other things to say is that you can probably build something better for around the same money with patience and used parts. And probably have a fun time doing it

2 Likes

building isnt an issue. i need to do more homework on the electrical side of things, wiring, programming, battery safety. I am generally knowledgeable about these things but i dont feel comfortable enough to starting soldering and wiring anything quiet yet. im in no way shape or form a pro at anything except maybe being a dad :sunglasses: so i really feel like i will take away from this first initial experience with this diy kit all the things i want and dont want out of an eboard. i make a modest living, so like you said, with patience and good luck, i may be able to create a more reliable/ well suited board for my needs right here!

1 Like

That’s a good attitude :+1: If you need any help you find a lot of information here with the search function. If that will not answer your questions or you want to hear an opinion about parts you plan to buy, just open a new topic and ask us. A lot of experienced guys here ready to help you :relieved:

1 Like

first day on this forum and people are so welcoming! Ive spent almost 4 hours just scrolling and reading experiences/ issues/ builds. Really a great site!

2 Likes

As long as you don’t come in saying “I want a top performance board for $400 do the work for me” you’ll find this forum more kind than most. I have great faith in you padawon.

1 Like

New here thought I would say hi my project I am thinking about is I have a liftboard and to say the least it is on its last leg. I want to mod it keeping the battery but switching the motor and the trucks I already have better wheels so now need ideas for motors and motor mounts and trucks.

2 Likes