[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

A sub 200kv is best if used with 10s or 12s packs. Yes they would have slower top speeds, but you won’t break the erpm limits on vesc which is safe for 190kv 12s. If you are using 260kv, I would suggest using 6s.

1 Like

Hi! I’m from Brazil and I inted to build a electric skateboard to go to college (3km from home, +/- 2 miles). My plan is to buy most things from china. I want a single motor, from maytech (mto6355 170kv, maybe 230kv); and Vesc from Maytech too (are they still good?). I have lots of doubts about how to choose my battery. I thought about getting this one from diyeboard.com with the enclosure already, but I have no idea if they are good and it seems too slow to charge… I also thought about making my own with a VRUZEND kit and LG HG2 in 10s2p or 10s3p, with this BMS. I don’t know which idea is better and I don’t know if any of the 2 will give enough amps to my motor, I think the voltage is correct… Do you guys know where I can read more about batteries, charging and BMS? I’ve searched here in the forum, but i still have lot of doubts.

Thanks! I still don’t have a board, but you helped me with a huge doubt of mine! I’ll go for a 170~190kv motor

1 Like

How do you start a new thread

Hi im James. Trying to add a battery for more range from a prebought electric skateboard. At the moment changing the look of it because it looks well ummm Chinese made.

Hello all my name is mike and I’m 53 yrs young now. I have a evolve carbon gt 2 in 1 that I used about 4 times, it is brand new and been sitting collecting dust all of 2017, my wife keeps telling me to get rid of it, so now I am. I’ve spent 3k on all the gear and letting all go for a steal, 1500 bucks. I live in San Francisco bay area so I’d rather not ship it. Who ever buys this gear will be a happy camper. LIKE NEW TRUST ME!

Hi I’m Tony from nw UK. Been lurking for a while, reading and drooling over many of the builds in here. Last month after a lot of deliberation I took the big step of ordering the parts for my 1st build. I’m a tall guy (thin but heavy) so wanted a powerful setup that can handle my frame. My build list of parts purchased already is :

40" dropped deck Torque Boards 218 trucks Dual 6374 sensored 190kv 15/40t - 15mm Belts ABEC 11 97mm 10s5p (30Q cells) with BMS Maytech remote Enertion FOCBOX x2 And a whole bunch of other bits and pieces to complete

Hoping to have the actual board built, but not wired or configured, by next weekend. All very exciting :grin:

4 Likes

Hi my name is Randy and i hope to learn more about electronic side of esk8

Hi I’m Franco, looking to transform my urban carver to a board with segmented carbon fiber enclosure similar to Whitepony, Kaly, eboosted. First i gotta sell some parts to fund this venture. On a 2nd build i’ll probably do a Carvon on a maple ply board.

1 Like

Hi, I am currently living in Paris and my plan is to put those pieces together for next summer:

1x http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-hub-motor-9052mm-1000w75kv-power-truck-front-truck-kit-p-558.html 1x https://buildkitboards.com/products/jet-spud-29-bkb 1x http://bestechpower.com/37v10spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D223V1.html 2x https://vandaelectronics.myshopify.com/products/vesc-motor-controller-custom-cables-and-connectors 10s4p https://www.nkon.nl/samsung-inr-18650-30q-3000mah.html 1x http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/simple-3d-printed-nrf-remote-arduino-controlled/28543

Hi, I’m Jan, from Brno, Czech Republic. I do a lot of kiting, including kite landboarding. I recently got the idea of making my mountainboard into a convertible electric mountainboard. Let me explain the “convertible”. My favorite kite landboarding spot is ~8 km from my place. I normally drive there. I would much prefer to go on my mountainboard instead, which would be much more fun… as long as it has a motor. But then again, once I get to the spot, I need my MTB to be lightweight so that I can use it for kiting. I’m hoping to build it such that the motor/battery/electronics are easy to add and remove again. I have some ideas about how that could work, which I’d like to discuss here.

1 Like

Hi,

This is Teamgee, we are new here!

We are focused on manufacturing a hidden battery style skateboard.

Hope we can make friends here!

Thanks,

Teamgee

1 Like

Hi!

I’m Jess, a VEX Robotics Competitor.

I’m trying to use my robotics skills to bring a new take on eboards. I have some designs in mind, but right now my teammate (@david24lau) and I are building “normal” eboards.

Personally, I do not skate very much, but I want to get into it. I live in LA, so it is perfect for skating around. Going to Santa Monica and just cruising around on an eboard sounds like a lot of fun to me. I want to slowly get into this hobby and see what I can do :smiley:

1 Like

Hey guys! I’m mostly into 3D printing, VR, and mechanical keyboards. I’ve been a longboarder for over 20 years now and used to race downhill competitively. I still follow friends who race, but I just don’t take myself to those extremes anymore. Watching the flow of the sport of longboarding is fun over time. When I first got into downhill, the landyachtz DH race was the hit new drop board- then some years later the much more balanced Evo hit the scene and made a ton of sense. Then top mount boards became more and more common, JimZ speedhangars went by the wayside in favor of Aera trucks… Maguns never really picked up any steam. Now and for a while now it seems people are into freeriding more- hardcore downhill with tons of steezy drifts and shit. When I was racing, 83mm blue kryptos were the shit when it came to drifting and slides, and Avalons / Avilas were the shit for grip along with other hard edged wheels. Orangotang started up… Anyways I could go on.

I still ride around, but have been into computers more since orangotang started and my plan is to build on one of my Rayne downhill boards, 2x 6374 190kv, 10s4p battery, dual focboxes, psychotiller enclosure, gear it for some speed and reignite my passion for longboarding in the years to come… With some torque under my wheels this time!

1 Like

Hey everybody :wave:

I’m just putting together my first DIY eSk8 after pondering it for a few months. Like most people I guess I watch Casey and think that looks great but I don’t live in NY, how practical would that be where I live? I’ve been into RC for many years and run a IT company so understanding the high power battery systems, brushless motors, esc plus the tech aspect is not much of a big deal. That said I’m 42, 95kg and haven’t ridden a skateboard since I was a teenager. So it’s taken me some time to decide if a eSk8 is right for me. I do a lot of small trips to my office in my SUV and a large part of my work is in Cardiff City which is becoming more restricted for cars all the time plus there’s talk of implementing congestion charging like London. So I’m hoping learning to ride a eSk8 now will put me in a good place for the future. Now I could have just bought a Boosted or something (I can afford it) but if it doesn’t work it’s a lot of money to spend on something I might have trouble moving on in the UK. So I’ve decided to build a DIY eSK8 with el’cheapo Hobbyking lipos and eBay stuff. Yes it won’t look pretty and might have issues but if it works with my lifestyle and I don’t kill myself then I can splash out on something better later.

Here’s my parts list so far, please tell me if I’m missing something :slight_smile:

…Bugger, my parts list is on my Mac at home and I’m in work :frowning: I’ll update later.

2 Likes

Im also going to build a cheapo esk8. Ordered parts from @dickyho here on the forum.

motor mount & belt/pulleys kit for 80mm wheels 5065 270kv single esc substitute 80mm wheels 2x 5000mah 3s batteries from hobbyking Im just using my longboard and mount the motor on the existing trucks. ps, I weigh 85Kg

1 Like

Hi guys, great content on this site! First build for me. Hoping to build an emtb with my son. I’m posting here hoping to find some good input. Anything you have for me would be greatly appreciated. So the parts list that we’ve already purchased is: 10s4p enertion spare battery pack with Samsung 30Q cells producing 36v and 432wh. 2x focbox 1x enertion remote.

We’d like to get the direct drive system from no wind. And and have to source the motors. We’re thinking of getting 2x sealed 6374 but are not sure which ones. And of course the board… I like the trampa… Located in Switzerland so any supplier info would be great. I can also get products via USA… Let me know what you think, Can’t wait to complete this, hopefully before summer kicks in… Tony

Newb here. I have an electronics background. built my first e mtb… decided to do it right… started early Feb gathering parts… 3000 bucks later…

12s 16ah battery I made (have not made my carbon enclosure for it yet) dual vesc6 trampa 16 layer deck E-toxx 80MM direct drive Alien Power 8085 6kw motors Photon remote (not arrived yet)

2 Likes

Hey guys. Ive been a long time lurker and doing a bunch of research and FINALLY BUILDING a skateboard of my own. Finally got enough money, hopefully nothing goes wrong. I have picked out my parts, what do you guys think? Please criticize my build or any other recommendations you guys have or any problems u can see happening.

TORQUE ESC VESC ® BLDC ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER 2 x Turnigy 5000mAh 5S 20C Lipo Pack in series (going to make my own series connectors) Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-213KV Brushless Outrunner Motor TORQUEBOARDS 2.4GHZ NANO REMOTE CONTROLLER HTD5M belt 255mm DIYE Premium Electric Skateboard Motor Mount from amazon longboard i made (caliber II trucks, kegel wheels) 3d printed wheel pulley

Im gonna have a 15:36 pulley system.

Hi guys,

I’m Tartopom from France. I’m already an old fart on the esk-8 scene but never managed to register on this community. I started years ago with the first Evolve Carbon, then moved to the DIY and built one of the first dual diagonal setup in 10S already 3 years ago…time flies. Then I moved to the ONEWHEEL as it’s a hell of fun beast :slight_smile: then the onewheel+… Then sold my DIY setup and bought an Evolve Carbon GT which I sold few months after. And finally, now I’m the proud owner of a huge beast, a Bajaboard G4X which is a monster in all terms. I also pre-ordered a raptor 2…already many months ago that I plan to use in the city while I keep the Bajaboard for offroad (living in mountains). So fuitur plans are just enjoying the ride and keeping in touch wish the DIY scene and as well as sharing my experience with the Bajaboard if I meet other members who own one.

Cheers,

Tartopom.